Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

update from the one beer girl- plz dont go here if talks of moderation are offensive

Notices

update from the one beer girl- plz dont go here if talks of moderation are offensive

Old 07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

thanks for the post sadie. i am very interested in hearing how your solution continues to work for you.

i thought i could drink moderately and socially and keep things in check, and i did so for years. after many years of moderate drinking (like more than 10...) things started getting out of hand, and it took me another 10 or so to know I had a real problem. I know that I can't drink even one.

i should have been smarter: alcoholism runs in my family. it would be very unlikely for me to be able to drink moderately and for it to turn out ok. does alcoholism run in your family at all? If so, be very careful.

Best wishes,
Andrew
Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think Shizzle is here because she needs to be here. Her posts don't offend me at all but I have no desire to try her method. For me it's abstinence and that's what I want in my life.

I tried controlled drinking before I got sober, sometimes it worked, most times it didn't and I don't want to go there again.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

good luck to you friend - I hope all works out.

for me, if I drank one beer, in four or five years I would probabley be dead. Or mental.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

And the point of russian roulette is....? No thank you!