Notices

Kickin' the can to the curb

Old 04-02-2002, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Moxy

Kickin' the can to the curb

Hello..This is the first time I've posted here, although, I've been reading posts from here for probably a month. The day of my last drink was March 28th and yesterday while cleaning out the fridge I found a can of budlite..not a good thing, but, there it was staring me in the face. First thing I did was think 'I'll throw this in the trash', the next thing I did was pick it up and put it in the freezer with the thought of..well, you know..After leaving it there for 5 minutes, I took it out...and put it in the trash and quickly took it to the curb..*s*..So I feel really good about being able to do that. I would have never done that before, so I think I'm on the right track.

You have a WONDERFUL site here and just can't tell you how much I've enjoyed it..Thanks again!

Old 04-02-2002, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Moxy, Welcome to the site. I can imagine how hard it was to toss that beer. It is good that you did. Have you gone to any AA meetings? They have helped me. Keep sharing we love to hear new people deciding to recover. My last drink was Feb. 22 of this year. I joined a group and got a sponsor as it was suggested to me. I know it has made a difference this time around. Keep posting and hang in there. Don
Old 04-02-2002, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome. I am on & off here but I wish you the best of luck. Look deep within yourself and do the work you need to do right away. With time, that beer won't be so tempting. And in my case, I never had just "one," so since sober there is just no appeal.
Old 04-03-2002, 03:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Moxy

Don and Wendy...
Thank you so much for the encouragement..What a wonderful way to help others..This is a most awesome site..*S*

Thank you both so much...*hugs*

Old 04-10-2002, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mteeglass

Hi there Moxy!!! I am also new to this site myself. I was just surfing around and found it. I came across your message and just had to congratulate you on your throwing it away. I too know how hard it is to do. I had 5 years,then went out for a long and grueling 6 six years picking up 2 other really bad habits (crack and heroin), and got sober for 2 1/2 years then went out again for 2 weeks and thank God that he seen fit to save me yet again. I know that I dont have another recovery in me. I am now sober a little over a year and was diagnosed last year with Hepatitis C, I was seperated from my husband for 4 years,(married for 10 before that) all due to alcohol. I lost everything and I can tell you now, that staying sober is much easier than getting sober!!!!! I never want to "get" sober again. Do you have a sponsor? Do you go to meetings? I am from Phila Pa, I also run a sober forum called One Day at a Time to help me stay in touch with AA, when I am sick with the Hep if you would like stop in and check it out, its really just getting started and I could use all the help that I can get. http://forums.delphiforums.com/sobriety1/start its free so come join us....Hang in there! You can do it!!!

------------------
Kimberly McGinnis