Notices

Dreams

Old 07-02-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams

Well I have been sober three weeks today, the dreams started tuesday night. The first one was really scary, I awoke screaming bloody murder, but since then all of them have been about sex. Is this normal? and how long do they last? This doesnt really bother me too much but I dont know if these kind of dreams are good or bad. I have also been sleeping alot more then normal, I am guessing my body is catching up to the nights were i didnt sleep.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go!

Congratulations on your sober time!

I love to dream..and I do not think of them as any portent or having any particular meaning. Sort of like personal movies!

Guess dreams come under the Serenity Prayer!
Old 07-03-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Lordy, they are better dreams than I had. My dreams when I first got sober were about drinking. I used to dream I was drinking and would wake up in such disappointment in myself only to realise it was just a dream. This is one of the things I had to ask sober AA members if it was normal.

Actually the same thing happened when I gave up smoking..kept dreaming I had been smoking packet of cigarettes.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Man, I love sex dreams... wish I had them more often 0~~

Scary ones stink, but they are rare for me...

Dreaming is a normal function of life that we drinkers deny ourselves... You are actually getting quality sleep.

Dreams can be from sleeping more too... you might need an extra hour or two a night to really get into REM sleep...

But I'm no doctor, that's just my experience...

I say.. sleep well and dream well and enjoy the shows
Old 07-03-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alot of people in recovery have some pretty vivid dreams, I am not one of those people, seems my dreams stopped when I quit drinking! Anyways here's a link to a site that I used before my dreams stopped, it's pretty cool to find out what they mean................
http://freakydreams.com/flash.htm

Robin
Old 07-03-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have kinda enjoyed the dreams, I have read somewhere where your dreams can come true, not sure how true this is but i have in the past have had a dream and something simular did happen. I need to write the dreams down as soon as i wake up because I cant always remember the details.