Notices

today is the last!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Wow, I dont even think that I have to say anything , just look at all those suggestions!!!!! Remember have faith in yourself and you can do anything!!! We're here for you when ever you need it.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Michael

The lists are great but as is so often the case you have to get off your butt and go out there and get a life outside of alcohol. Anything you do can be boring, time consuming and seemingly pointless if you don't do it with the realisation that you are doing something, anything, to stay away from booze.
Once you realise the importance of being occupied in defeating this addiction then you will enjoy whatever you are doing.
Best wishes
Michael
Old 06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Rock1

AA never worked for me but some things they say are true - one day at a time my friend. Just for now don't worry about how to fill the drinking time, accept the boredom, stare at the tv, have a w**k or whatever. After a few days your head will be so clear you will have no problem thinking of things to do.

Me, I'm planning to stop tommorrow, having been dettoxed several times, experienced full blown DT's and still can't get off it.

Good luck m8
Old 06-27-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RovingStar
Rock1 have a w**k or whatever.Good luck m8
Damn, that was on my fourth step!!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've decided to fill the drinking time with sleep. I used to sit up until 3am getting blasted.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support and humour it cheered me up, im going to the doctor tomorrow for some pills and i've thought of quite a few things to keep me busy...

I NEED to do the garden, my neighbours are entering some garden comp and the judges are coming round to inspect their flowers and stuff, if they see mine they'll have a heart attack at the mess lol.

My room is covered in mags, clothes and rubbish, i think it's time for a trip to the paper and clothes recycle bins.

The dog rarely gets walked because of the mess im in so i can take her out.

And i just met my father for the first time in 5 years on saturday so i can visit hime for support and a hug.

thanks for caring it's a great site:o)))