Notices

Trouble sleeping...

Old 06-17-2005, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trouble sleeping...

Since I've quit drinking, I'm having enormous troubles sleeping. I've dealt with insomnia in the past and have the necessary pills to make me sleep but I'm wondering whether it's worse to risk a dependency on those or be rather out of sorts because of lack of sleep. What do you guys think? I don't currently have a job which requires me to be up at a particular hour, but I like to keep myself on a pretty strict and structured schedule because it helps keep my depression under control without meds...not sure what to do!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

None med kind of cures...

Hold to a schedule as best you can. No job...still get up at the same time each day.
Exercise about an hour or more before bed time. (along walk, tread mill, weights, sports) Exercise of your liking.
No heavy meals just before bed time. Caffine and sugar should be stayed away from.
Warm milk does have something in it that helps us sleep.

And there is always prayer
Old 06-17-2005, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pheonix

I know what you mean about sleep deprivation. I am also on no particular schedule, but still get up at the same time in the morning. Even if you don't get to sleep until late, get up at that same time in the morning and the next night you will have less trouble getting to sleep. Sleep meds scare me; I don't need more problems than I already have!
Old 06-17-2005, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

well I hear that it is addicting if you keep taking them for us people anyway but who know I just know that i can not take anything
Old 06-18-2005, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

lots of good advice, sleep with light music, noise machine, or fan running. Get some exercise during the day, drink lots of water for healing, try to stay on routine. don't oversleep or take naps, that ruined me! Good luck.