Notices

PBS program alert

Old 06-11-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pheonix

PBS program alert

Good morning all! Four days sober and I feel pretty good. Wish my mind would slow down and get in step with my body. Anyway, enough of the physical report. Anyone who watches PBS should keep a lookout for a program called The Power of Intention. Six weeks ago I would have pooh-poohed the idea that I would spend my morning watching such spiritual trash ( just my mind set, you understand ) but instead of forcing a religious view on me ( religion is great, but I'm not quite ready for the Oral Roberts scene yet! ) this distinguished older gentleman named Dr. Wayne Dyer gave me inspiration in everyday terms, from a more psychological point of view ( I am a student and love my psychology class ). Check this out:
Floatation devices were not thought of by contemplation of sinking things.
True nobility is not about being better than anyone else; it's about being better than you used to be.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
And so on and so on, ad infinitum, ad nausium. The point is, in just six weeks of inner contemplation, I have come to the point that I could sit and listen to this without lunging for the remote control and finding a rerun of MASH or something! My God, maybe I am ready to go back to AA. Thanks for the support I found when I found this site and introduced myself, and thank God I found the site in the first place.
I recommend this program, especially for newbies like myself, if you can find it in your area.
Mo
Old 06-11-2005, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have PBS I will look out for it.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Mo... Thanks for the heads up.

4 days...Super!
Old 06-11-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

I'm glad you found something that gave you a spiritual awakening. Hang in there your doing great!