Notices

i did it! i drank one beer! wowza

Old 06-11-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GshizzleA
OK GUYS IM REALLY SORRY AND NOW I FEEL REALLY BAD
UR RIGHT IM A BITCH I SHOULDNT TALK ABOUT GOOD TASTING BEER
BLESS U ALL AND GOOD LUCK
IM TRULY SORRY AND IM NOT BEING SARCASTIC AT ALL IF THATS HOW I SOUND. I WAS EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS BUT SOMETIMES I GUESS ITS BEST NOT TO, AT LEAST WITH PPL REALLY TRYING TO BE SOBER

i commented b4 how i was shocked drinkers came to this site i thought it was only sobers.. i do not consider myself a drinker by having one beer but anyways

crap

I WONT MENTION IT AGAIN
Ok, enough game playing. Nobody called you a bitch. I for one actually congratulated you on your attempt to drink normally. Keep trying. If you're alcoholic, it'll be futile. Sometimes getting defenive is not the best offense. Just take a look, an honest look at why you're drinking and ask yourself if your drinking is a problem. If it is, there's help.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm with Music -- no name calling here -- my hat is indeed off to you if you can drink normally, all I said is I know I sure can't.

If you do find that things get out of hand again, we're here...

Ken
Old 06-11-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i don't know about the rest of the posters here, but i need posts like yours! i need them to remind me of where i was, and where i am today. and if you keep on posting and you truly are an alcoholic i want to be reminded of where i will end up if i try to control my drinking!

do as music said, keep on trying, you'll either be convinced you're an alcoholic and come back, or you'll be able to drink like a non alcoholic person who just had a bad run, if the latter there's no need to post anymore here. but if you truly are an alcholic please keep posting, the life you save might be mine!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

yap

my response was to michael j who was being all 'i dont need to come to posts to see u talking bout how great beer was'

i previously apologized for it

and did not appreciate it

i know were all on the same team here and i know u guys wish me well just as i wish u well
Old 06-11-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Paused

i do not consider myself a drinker by having one beer
No problem for a person without a drinking problem. For an alcoholic, like myself, one beer would lead to a 9 day drinking binge. I know you stopped at just one. You were successful this time. It's the next time you may have to worry about. If you truly have a problem, you are playing with fire. I played with fire in the past and got burned everytime. I finally quit stiking the match, better results that way.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i do wish you well GshizzleA, and i hope you are not an alcoholic, if anyone doesn't like what you post that's their problem, it's also their choice not to read it
Old 06-11-2005, 05:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Chy

hey G-
I don't think people meant harm just honest answers for those of us truly alcoholic. I really pray and hope your not like us, if you can drink in moderation you'll know soon enough. If not, we'll be here to support you. Only you know deep down what the true answer is.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hey guys i just wanted to give a quik update
last nite, (sat nite) i just rented a movie with a bud, we went to the dep to pik up snax and ya i was surveying the bottles.. i was tempted.. i did not bring it up, but i was at the point where if the person i was with would have said 'should we get some?' i'd say yes. so we just got popsicles as soon as i had one, the wave of wanting one passed. its all about that first urge, identifying it and saying 'do i want to go there right now or no.' anyhoo that was that. so just that one contraversial beer for G's weekend. cheers,
Old 06-12-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Way to go -- and no headache in the morning! Bonus!

Ken
Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Michael

G,

Well done you!
I would like to say that my previous post in this thread was a little intemperate. I was experiencing a bit of a trough in my sobriety and I took it out on you and your beer. I think it is what the shrinks out there call "displacement". I can see today that I was allowing other issues to affect the way I dealt with your post. I promise not to "displace" on you again but to offer you support and help.
Michael
Old 06-12-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Word up

Thx Michael J i appreciate it
Old 06-12-2005, 09:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Awesome GshizzleA!

Originally Posted by GshizzleA
so just that one contraversial beer for G's weekend. cheers,
Err, while the A.A. Preamble may state that A.A. "does not wish to engage in any controversy", very few of us alcoholics (myself included) can claim perfect adherence to this principle

Popsicles good, beer bad.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Tony
Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

So far so good. I'm glad everyone is making it through the weeked. They can be tough sometimes. It does get better. Take care all...
Old 06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by findingout
Awesome GshizzleA!

Err, while the A.A. Preamble may state that A.A. "does not wish to engage in any controversy", very few of us alcoholics (myself included) can claim perfect adherence to this principle

Popsicles good, beer bad.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Tony
((((((((((Tony)))))))))
So true and I guess my sponsor would say "ONE BEER? That sounds like minimizing the reality of the situation". Especially if I am a real alcoholic. Controversy or no controversy, he knows I tried LITE BEER by Miller when I was in the last year of my own drinking dilemma trying to control it.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

It took me a year or so to figure out if I was really addicted to alcohol and pot. It took me another 5 years to get to the point where I was willing to do something about it. I still can't seem to stay chemical free. I think this site is about self discovery, which is what I believe G is in the process of. When and if you decide you are truely addicted, then you get to figure out what conditions will be conducive to staying in sobriety, without it always being a constant struggle. That's where I'm at.

Doorknob
Old 06-13-2005, 01:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

You still crave alcohol it seems.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

GshizzleA, I crown you the new Queen of Denial!!! I wish you well in your "controlled" drinking.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I never could understand the point of having one beer. That's because I'm an alcoholic. I'd rather have none than one. But I have, on occasion, drank only a couple of drinks. That doesn't mean I believe I can control it. If I drink, the alcohol is the boss of me. I do what it wants, not the other way around. YMMV.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

We'll leave the light on for you...
Old 06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

you are a sick Fu@#!

someone here could get that same idea, try to drink again and DIE.

thanks for posting- idiot!