Notices

Back again...

Old 06-08-2005, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again...

I fooled myself a while back in to thinking I had my drinking under control. I thought I had beat it and felt I could have just a few here and there...

It did begin that way. I had a couple of beers here and there and soon enough the alcohol got me again. Actually it always had me.

So here I go again, sober 10 days right now. One day at a time. I plan to go for some counseling this time. I don't think I can do it alone and I know I have some stuff that I have been surpressing for years which is only acting as a trigger. As I was looking online for counseling I finally found this forum...again. I was shocked to see that it showed my last visit was 07-06-2003. I have been reading alot of the posts in the forums for the past few hours, thank you to all of you who contribute here. It helped me get through tonight as the cravings were bad earlier. I'm here for the long haul now. I have a one year old son and a wife I love very much and I want to enjoy every moment possible.

I am just thankful there is a group of people like the people I have read about here that I can identify with.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

NJ, Glad you are back! Remember this addiction is cunning, baffling, powerful... it can never be beat, just managed. You know you are worth sobriety -- your baby is worth it and your wife is worth it. Ten days is awesome! Don't take one day for granted!

Kathy
Old 06-08-2005, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!

10 days! Super!

AA meetinhs are vital to my long term sobriety.

Keep going forward..