Notices

fear

Old 11-04-2001, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paulsjourney

fear

Hi Iam Paul
Fear is causing alot of anxiety due to fact I may lose the one I have loved for 21 years

I have drank for close to 35 years. I have been sober for the frist time 9 weeks.
The cloud is lifting and I have a lot past problems to face. I had to go as far back as being child again. Although I do feel some what better about myself through the support of fellowship at AA knowing Iam not alone.I always pray for GODS will and keep intouch with my inner spirit. If anyone has some words of wisdom to share It would be very helpfull Thank You Paul

Old 11-04-2001, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
meto

Smile

paulsjouney,I too have abused alcohol/drugs for 30+years,and have faced fear of losing the one i love for 15 years. I hav'nt and i feel very grateful for that. I was told that i had to consentrate on myself,that if i died
it really wouldn't matter,i had to find the will to be willing to let my hp take over,and just not drink today.Good luck,you are in my prayers.

------------------

Old 11-06-2001, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Paul
You said in your posting that you drank for 35 years and have been sober for 9 weeks you have made a great start. Paul live in today you can not fix all your problems at once. Suggest to your partner to attend Alanon it will help them find some understanding of what you both are going through. Good luck in your recovery. Peace Bill
Old 11-06-2001, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Xtraspecial

Hi,

Feelings will be a big part of your life now...welcome to the land of the living...
I used to have a lot of anxiety attacks...had to drink a lot of orange juice with karo syrup in it to calm me down...I would get the shakes to. We have stuffed our feelings and ran from ourselves for so long...that it can be overwhelming at times...it is quite normal to also have a lot of anger...to maybe even cry...scream whatever you need to do to get some feelings out. They suggested I get a journal to write in and also a phone book to get lots of phone numbers so I could ask people for rides to meetings and have someone to talk to about what I was going through. AA showed me how to live life sober...baby steps at first. also think Alanon is a wonderful program...also Adult Children of Alcoholic, or COdependent meetings are good to help you work through childhood of origin feelings...I have gone to family services for therapy...and been in wonderful group therapy for adult children of alcoholics ..very healing...We didn't cause the disease we can't control the disease and we can't cure us but through the 12 steps there is a way out and some hope.

Old 11-06-2001, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

PAUL,
" ONE DAY AT A TIME" AND WE CAN NOT GO INTO THE PAST NOR THE FUTURE, WE MUST LIVE IN THE HERE AND NOW I TOO DRANK FOR 25 YEARS AND LOST 2 MARRIAGES TO IT THE DEASE HAS NO CONCENCE, BUT WE DO, I WAS LUCKY MY HUSBAND NOW OF 1 YEAR BUT WE HAVE BEEEN TOGETHER 5 NOW BUT HE TO WAS TIRED OF THE ****, I QUIT
ALMOST 90 DAYS ON THE 17TH AND THINGS HERE KEEP GETTING BETTER, HE HAD TO LEARN TO TRUST ME ALL OVER AGAIN AND LOVE ME AS A NEW PERSON BECAUSE I AM NOT HER ANYMORE, I AM
A NEW AND INPROVED VERSION OF JUDY, AND YOUR WOMEN WILL TAKE TIME TO COME AROUND TOO, KEEP TRYING AND MABY MAKS SOME SPECIAL TIME TOGHTER TO GET REAQUAINTED IN A NEW WAY, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP GOING,
" JUST FOR TODAY I AM SOBER"

------------------
Amazonjudy