Notices

can i ask AA to help?

Old 05-30-2005, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

can i ask AA to help?

my exA is fading fast.. at age 50 he is having heart problems and according to his wet brain it isnt because of the drinking, drugs and smoking.

but what i need to know is.. he has lost almost everyone in his life. except his 13 yr old son. i walked away when things got too abusive. i know he is going to call me to help him when he has his heart surgery. and my program is fairly strong, but i have an enabler/codependent heart.

if he calls me, is it fair to suggest that perhaps AA might have someone who would be willing to help him with his recovery? or am i speaking out of turn to suggest the same openness and support i find in alanon will be there for him from AA?

in his wet brain he thinks we are all part of a cult, he is spiritually and mentally and now physically bankrupt. but when the chit hits the fan... i dont want this poor 13 yr old kid trying to pick up the pieces of a mess he did not commit.

any opinions would be welcome
quietsins
Old 05-30-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

All's you can do is suggest it to him, the rest is up to him. I see no harm in extending an option he's probably already considered. It takes some of us a lot of nudging to find the courage to seek out help.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dito what Chy said. I would add that you can make yourself available to the son and support him through this rough period.