Notices

typing this message instead of drinking.

Old 06-23-2002, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bls
Paused

Red face typing this message instead of drinking.

It's been 4 days since my last drink. I am starting over again. I hope this time I can do it for awhile longer
than before. My 30 days, long ago, was my longest and then temptation got the best of me. Kind of
like now. I really want to drink but instead I am typing on this website just so I don't have the time to
think about it. I did come to realize that the craving does pass sooner or later. Thanks to this website
I have something to do and people who understand exactly what I am going through this moment.
Las Vegas is a really hard place to stop drinking considering the drinks are free everywhere. Hopefully
I won't break this time.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

bls,

Keep posting bls. Keep us updated on your progress. We're all rooting for you.

Go to meetings and get the support you need.

Hugs,

MG

Old 06-23-2002, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BLS,

"Sin City" has countless meetings to attend. Pick a new one if you feel embarassed, but try not to. It happens. Call your Central Office and tell them where you are at mentally and physically. Someone will come to you if necessary. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE. PLEASE STOP TRYING. If you are anything like me, it won't be possible. Besides, it takes 21 days to release the chemical desire to drink as well as the mental obsession. 21 days is all it takes to break a habit. The mind takes longer, of course.

Please, as for help. If I were able to I would drive to LV, but I am not. Someone on your end is waiting for you to call.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

bls -

Keep typing, whatever works. Go to a meeting and then come home and type some more. We are all the same we are addicts, support, fellowship, that is where is starts.
I am praying for you.