Notices

~Day One~

Old 05-29-2005, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beginner

~Day One~

Where to start?
My name is Lacey and I live in Seattle, I'm only 19 but for the past few years I've been drinking and doing drugs a lot. Even though I slowed down last summer, for about the past year I've been drinking pretty much everyday, and not just drinking, but getting wasted everyday. Things in my life kinda went bad about a year ago - broke up with my boyfriend, graduated high school and wasn't sure what I wanted to do, general teenage drama. That's when it started to get bad, and then things went from bad to worse. Pretty much I want to change. I woke up this morning, got to work and was thinking about how stupid I must have looked last night crying over a guy Ive known for a week. That's not the only reason why I want to quit, there's a lot. Pretty much I'm writing because even though I've read over other people's reactions to the first few days, I'm not sure what to think. All I know is that I don't want drugs and alcohol to control my life anymore. Maybe I just want someone to hear my story, I don't know. It's weird because I feel found and lost at same time...
Old 05-29-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lacey and welcome... Welcome to SR.
What you said makes alot of sense to anyone fighting with addiction.
And many of us find it is easier to get and stay of booze and drugs if we connect with others working towards the same goal.
Hope you stick around, i think you will find good support and understanding here. YOU are NOT ALONE.
Sincerely
Kellie
(an alcoholic very grateful for another sober day)
Old 05-29-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome

Hi Lacey,congradulations on your desire to stay clean.I also thought the answer to lifes pain was to be found in booze and drugs.Took me awhile to discover it was making the pain and confusion so much worse. You have come to a good place.Alot of good caring people here at SR. Bless, Trish
Old 05-29-2005, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Howdy neighbor. I'm LeAnne and live 3 hrs. West from Seattle. I'm glad you've recognized you have a drinking problem and want to make changes for the better. Remember, you are not alone and things don't have to continue the way they have been. You can change your life if you put some effort into making serious changes. I hope you stick around and get comfortable. There are alot of wonderful people here who are willing to share some great advice with you, share their experience, strength and hope (ES&H). Good luck and best wishes...
Old 05-29-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and

Welcome! We do understand..because most of us have been out of control from alcohol and or drugs.

I am soo glad to no lomger be a cryinhg drunk!

Hope you find a way to join in the positive joy of recovery.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Lacey! I'm so glad you're here. You've made such a big step just contacting someone about your problem. It can get so much better, and will if you keep reaching out for help and then taking it when it's offered. Hang in there, it's a bumpy ride, especially at first, but the sun is fixin' to shine! Do you have someone you can talk to in person? That makes a big difference, too.
Hugs,
Karen
Old 05-31-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dan

How's today Lacey?
Oh, and welcome
Old 05-31-2005, 05:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome, welcome, welcome Lacey! Your not alone and there is help. Hope to see you back!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Lacey! I'm so glad you are here. It's never too early to start recovery. If only I had recognized that at your age. I'm 43 and still trying to get my sh*^& together. Hope you find the support and encouragement you need.
Kathy
Old 06-03-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Lacey welcome to SR.You have already made a very good start by talking about it.The important thing now is to make a committment to staying sober and find yourself a support group like AA or Narcotics Anonymous.

Best of luck to you.