Notices

Friend saying I was feeling sorry for myself

Old 02-24-2002, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Friend saying I was feeling sorry for myself

I had a confusing time with my close friend today. She has been very supportive my with quitting drinking but lately has felt like I have been "feeling sorry for myself" because I have fallen out of taking good care of myself and not creating as many opportunities for myself. I feel very misunderstood. If I could do something to get out from this rut I would. It's hard to always pick myself up.

I am hurt that she would think that. It is so hard to understand this disease.

Just needed to vent. Thanks!!
Old 02-24-2002, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wendy, go to the NA board and read "The Addictive Voice by Clancy. That may make you understand what's happening.

Just for Today
Old 02-25-2002, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey, Wendy,

Know what you need? A great big HUG! Here's one from me. Now, go give it to someone else.

Meetings are great for hugs. I am still guilty of PMS. Poor Me Syndrone. But aren't we entitled just once a year maybe?

What I suffer from is when I just don't get my way. This is when God says NO, to one of my prayers or wants. He knows what is best for us. Accepting, is not easy!

Love you Wendy,

Pickle

------------------
Old 02-25-2002, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you soooooo much! I it hard explaining to friends why bad days are bad days. This morning in my meeting a man told me to just relax a little bit and I think this is great advice. Take it easy, one day at a time and quit reading too much into everything!

Ugh! Thanks again!

Wendy
Old 02-28-2002, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Van
Paused

Hi Wendy! Welcome a board! I am new to the message boards myself. Hang in there. One day at a time. Some of my friends think I am feeling sorry for myself at times too. This is part of recovery. They may not understand this but you may not understand everything that goes on in your freinds life either. You are a human being in recovery with many feelings and emotions. Hang on.
Van