Notices

Worse than ever

Old 06-20-2002, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bls
Paused

Angry Worse than ever

I have not been to a meeting in weeks and now I am worse than ever. The cravings are so strong that
I feel like a complete prisoner in my own body. Yes, I prayed every morning I wake up for God to
please please please not let me drink today but the temptation gets me ever time. I am now able
to drink straight liquor where before I could only drink fruity ****tails that masked the taste. All
I do is worry and think about drinking. I decided to jump back into meetings but I feel so worthless and
weak now and praying is not working either. I know God sees how miserable I am. Why can't this
work for me?
Old 06-20-2002, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy

Hi BLS -
I have been where you are. It's horrid. My latest relapse was last weekend.

Yes, God sees you miserable, and He is crying. He loves you - no matter what. But He wants you happy and healthy. You deserve everything wonderful in life -- so do I -- and we can have it if we just don't pick up the first drink. Because the first leads to many, many, many more.

I've had a sober life before for 18 months, and it was wonderful. I went through so much trauma sober - getting fired from a job (automotive cutbacks and gender discrimination), having to put my very sick 18-year old cat to sleep, having a breast lump surgically removed, watching my elderly mother's mental health deteriorate. I made it through all of that SOBER - and now, it seems, the stupidest little thing can send me over the edge.

We can do it together - it's all about support. And AA meetings allow one drunk to talk to another - it's an incredible phenomenon. I've been to a meeting every day this week, and the difference it has made is wonderful.

Go back to meetings and talk. Most people will welcome you with open arms. Those that don't -- well, ignore them and try not to take it to heart. You will feel so much better.

Please let us know how you are. I care.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
soberjoni

Smile

Hi Bls!
Let me start by saying...You are not worthless!
I'm glad to hear your back to meetings. They are very important in our recovery. I hated going to meetings in the very begining mostly due to I don't like change...Now I love every meeting I go to even when I don't care for some of the stuff I hear...today I accept the fact that I need the meetings and considerate them my medicine. I'll keep you in my prayers!