Notices

Alcohol :(

Old 09-27-2001, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MAJIK

Exclamation Alcohol :(

Well this looks like a pretty good place to start. I am in the process of makin' a huge step in my life. Admitting that I have a problem. Okay well I've already admitted it. Now I am just lookin' for a whole lotta help here. I've done my research and I've made the lists of pros and cons. And I am headed for my first AA meeting tomorrow at 7pm. Mind you all I am very stressed about the whole thing. I mean what if I see someone I know or worse yet....make a fool outta myself. Uggggghhh! Words of encouragement are advisable at this juncture.
Just lookin' for a little help here on the acutal FIRST STEP. I mean the step prior to actually going. Thanks

Old 09-28-2001, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Majik,
Welcome to the boards! you will find encouragement here, and you have made the right choice in deciding to go to a meeting. Just keep an open mind and try to stay out of your own way. sobriety is the best thing that ever happpened to me, and I have a life now that is beyond my wildest dreams. Please let us know how it goes tonight, stay close and don't drink no matter what. You're already OK, you just don't know it yet...

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...
Old 09-28-2001, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TonyC

Smile

Hi Majik,
That's great to hear ! Keep coming back here to tell us how your journey's going. I'm sure you will find at AA meetings, as well as contact with people on line, that there is a real solution to the problem you have admitted to.

Regards,
TonyC

------------------