Notices

Retread/relapse...again

Old 09-21-2001, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sallys

Unhappy Retread/relapse...again

I have never posted on a board - have "done" AA/Steps?sponso: but have lost my way again. I have been more drunk than sober for the past week and am a single mom with kids - one of whom has autism..
My shame seems unbearable today, and faith in God and/or self at a lowpoint.
Thanks for listening...

Old 09-21-2001, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Lightbulb

Hi new friend, and welcome to our community. You are not alone here. The darkness of guilt and shame kept me in my disease many years after I had learned there was a solution. I had to let go of my secrets, face myself, and take an honest appraisal. I am an alcoholic. I suffer from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. But there IS a solution. I found my answer in the rooms of alcoholics anonymous. First, by just showing up whether I wanted to or not, then by taking direction from others who were sober. I began being of service almost right away, and it helped more than anything Ive ever done. It kept my mind off of ME. Then came the steps, and a realization that I was one of Gods kids no matter what. You are too...

Stay close to us...daily if need be. Find another alcoholic to talk to, again, daily. And remember that you are not alone.

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...
Old 09-25-2001, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

SALLY,
I TOO HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM AND MADE IT FOR THE FIST TIME 39 DAYS AND GOING DONT BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER IT THE FIRST LINE IN A MEETING IS PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION, REMEMBER THAT AND TRY HARDER NEXT TIME KIDS ARE HARD TO RAISE AND ALONE ITS EVEN HARDER I DID IT FOR 13 YEARS AND NO ONE COULD EVER BEAT YOU UP AS MUCH AS YOU DO YOURSELF SO FIND SOME ENJOYMENT IN YOUR LIFE LIKE A NIGHT OUT TO A MEETING GET A SITTER AND FIND
OTHER LIKE YOURDELF AND BE A YOUNG WOMEN AGAIN AND REMEMBER ONE DAY AT A TIME
WE LOV YA GIRFRIEND

------------------
Amazonjudy
Old 10-14-2001, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mistyT

Lightbulb

DEAR SALLY, I AM ALSO A MOTHER. I HAVE 3 BOYS!! AND I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THAT MY MIDDLE SON HAS MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY. I WAS DRINKING BEFORE I HAD MY CHILDREN BUT I DIDNT HAVE THE ADDICTION TO IT THAT I HAVE NOW. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE GUILT YOU ARE FEELING. IM SURE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD BE A BETTER MOM. I THINK EVERY MOTHER FEELS THAT WAY. BUT WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL, THAT JUST MAKES THE GUILT 100 TIMES WORSE! I ALSO HAVE A STRONG FAITH IN GOD BUT GET FRUSTRATED SOMETIMES BECAUSE I WANT HIM TO TAKE IT AWAY INSTEAD OF HAVING TO BATTLE. I FINALLY REALIZED THAT GOD NEVER PROMISED TO REMOVE US FROM THE BATTLES BUT HE DID PROMISE TO BRING US THROUGH THE BATTLES! THAT ESPECIALLY INCLUDES THE BATTLES THAT WE LOSE. WE MAY LOSE SOME BATTLES BUT WE WILL WIN THE WAR! SO TAKE HEART, AND STAY STRONG! YOU DEFINATLY ARE NOT ALONE! DONT BEAT YOURSELF UP, JUST TRY HARDER NEXT TIME / GOOD LUCK / MISTY