Notices

need guidence

Old 10-02-2002, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jason77

Unhappy need guidence

I am a college student in a small town, I am beyond the point of figuring out if I am an alcoholic, I am an alcoholic, I have been for the last couple years and I am getting worse, I am basically watching myself destroying my body. There is no support groups in my area and I would like to talk to someone for help.

thanks
jason77

Old 10-02-2002, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi jason77,

Welcome to the forum.

Others will be along shortly to offer their experience, strength and hope.

Keep checking back. You're not alone.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-02-2002, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Jason -

Welcome to the forum - this is a great place for fellowship and to learn from others experience, strength and hope.

You said you live in a small town and there are not any support groups in your area. Have you checked areas outside of your town
http://yellowpages.msn.com/simplesea...lics+anonymous

try this search and see if you can find something close to you. I know there are some very small towns in ME but you never know what you might find nearby.

I would also suggest that you read some of the postings around this site about alcohalism/addiction.

You are not alone my friend and that is what you need to remember. One day at a time sometimes one minute at a time.

Keep posting here and tell us how you are feeling. you said you attended college, can you discuss your situation with your school counselors and maybe they can direct you to some help that you don't know about. Just a suggestion.

As I said, keep posting and we will give you all the support we possible can.