Notices

This post haunts the h#ll out of me....

Old 05-10-2005, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Unhappy This post haunts the h#ll out of me....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32324

I have tried to get in touch with Felica several times I wonder if others could join me in a little prayer for her...
Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

You got it! I'll send her an email as well Splendra.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you got the prayers splendra, hope she replies to you chy.

sometimes we need the deseration felicia is going through, i know i did. i felt the same way and tried to end it, but someone/something had other plans.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hope all is well for her. She will be in my prayers.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read the whole thread.

People who are genuinely suicidal have, at that time, lost the ability to think rationally. Often depressed, negative, tormented, and hopeless, feeling worthless. The need is to expose the faulty thinking that has produced such a disproportionate imbalance of negative thinking. Calling them 'selfish' is about as helpful as giving them a couple of bottles of pills.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Splendra
I think the thread ended off on a positive note...I could feel her distress, but it appeared as if she wrote the suicide post when drunk...I think we all know how alcohol can make us say/think/feel things 100 million times out of proportion.

Not saying she wasn't in pain at the time, but her last post, definitely sounded like she was in a better place. I will certainly pray for her - hope she answers Chy's email. I have made and lost a number of people I made friends with on SR...they just disappear, sometimes when things are going seemingly well, sometimes when the last thing I heard from them was "delighted I only had 2 beers over thanksgiving"..and not another word...

Let's pray for all of them incl Felicia that they make their way back.

Cathy31
xxx
Old 05-10-2005, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello I am back

Sorry about having caused this concern - I mean I am truly sorry - the pain I have caused others. I have done a few months sober now and feel things might just be changing. I try to be more open and tolerant and less obssessed with my self - things aren't actually THAT bad....

Thanks again for your incredible support.

Felicia
Old 05-10-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, Felicia, good to see you back. Prayers answered ... and it sounds like you're doing well. Keep visiting.

Anna
Old 05-10-2005, 02:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Felicia

What a nice surpise and congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Felicia
It is GREAT to see you!!! WOW!!! And a few months under your belt!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME! Hope you won't be a stranger!
Love
CAthy31
x
Old 05-10-2005, 06:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

This big ol smile is for you!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey (((Felica))))

I am so glad to know you are doing great!! I e-mailed you and PMed you as well never heard back from you...just glad to know you are good. I must have missed the last part of your thread....
Old 05-10-2005, 06:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Felica, I'm so happy you are OK. I just logged in and read the posts. I'm lucky to have found the happy ending to the story. Like I used to do with my kids. Hug them thank God they were OK---- and then yell at them. I won't yell but, please don't leave us to worry like that. Just like that add on TV about "The Olive Garden." When you come here your family. P.S. I have to admit, having those same feelings and posting a similar post. Don W
Old 05-11-2005, 03:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you for replies. I have one question, please (to help me along the way of sobriety (so to speak). This Higher Power - say in my case I have chosen Nature - we have to admit that Nature is awsome ie. the sea, mountains, beauty etc. etc. So I call Nature a power greater than myself, because it absolutely [B]IS FAR MORE POWERUL THAN MYSELF.
Now how does it work in the respect to stop me from picking up the first drink? I am still somewhat confused here. I know and accept that their IS a power greater, but at the crucial moment in time, when I crave the drink, how does Nature stop me? I am genuinely trying to understand so that I can carry on with my sobriety, but feel more at ease with the disease (so to speak)

Best Regards and many thanks again.

Felicia
Old 05-11-2005, 04:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Felicia)))))

Is it possible that when you feel tempted to drink that it is a signal to turn your mind over to thoughts of nature? Sounds of the seas,the birds,the wind you can get recordings of these for relaxation and meditation. I think it does boil down to choice you choose to change your mind to thoughts of nature instead of letting yourself get carried away with thoughts of drinking...hope this helps!!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Felicia
Thank you for replies. I have one question, please (to help me along the way of sobriety (so to speak). This Higher Power - say in my case I have chosen Nature - we have to admit that Nature is awsome ie. the sea, mountains, beauty etc. etc. So I call Nature a power greater than myself, because it absolutely [B]IS FAR MORE POWERUL THAN MYSELF.
Now how does it work in the respect to stop me from picking up the first drink? I am still somewhat confused here. I know and accept that their IS a power greater, but at the crucial moment in time, when I crave the drink, how does Nature stop me? I am genuinely trying to understand so that I can carry on with my sobriety, but feel more at ease with the disease (so to speak)

Best Regards and many thanks again.

Felicia
Hi Felicia,
Great to see you back and with some sobriety too. Good for you.
You call your HP Nature, I call mine God. Simply a difference in Pronouns. When I put myself with God, I'm usually with nature. My HP is wherever I am. If you believe Nature has the power to help you not drink, that's all it takes. When you are bothered, put yourself in/with Nature and ask Nature to help you through your problem.
You can't do it wrong and whatever works for you, works.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Unhappy

Originally Posted by splendra
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32324

I have tried to get in touch with Felica several times I wonder if others could join me in a little prayer for her...
I have already prayed.....my best friend killed herself.....it was a selfish, useles act. I am still angry....I will also PM her......Hope she is ok.....Kahlia......
Old 05-12-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The pain, the pain, the pain... Still I keep on going and not return to the nightmare of waking up knowing that the nightmare has become reality.