Notices

my personal hump day

Old 05-13-2005, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

(QUOTE)

Today is (another) day 5. I seem to have trouble getting past it. Still, very pleased that I can go 1, 2 .. 4 days without drinking because a few months ago, 1 day was a struggle.

TenK

Any day w/o a drink is a good one. A normal drinker does not even have a question in regards to their drinking. You and only you can answer that. Let me know when, you reach a year w/o a drink how bout 2,3,4,5 etc. That is an indicator of you being in control or the drink.

I'm all for what ever you feel you have to do to not have any problems with drinking.

How many days do you have today? I'm rooting for you.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
9:40 5K

** MGG I replied to your PM. pls read it. **

Ok, I'm done sulking now.

I really don't mind taking licks from the "long-timers" pushing the meetings. I prescribe to the "don't knock it 'till you try it" school of thought. And they've most certainly earned the right to their oppinion. I guess I sounded defensive about that advice, but I was just trying to get across that my addiction has been so private, that it's really a hurdle for me to "come out".
BUT! I've gone from thinking "no way" to "hmmm, maybe." C'mon! Give a girl her small victories would'ja? It's not my car that will get me there, rather my attitude.

(I was only hurt by one post, and that, I truly hope, is now history with our PMs.)

And, by the way, I don't consider myself "high-end". I'm a slurring, stumbling, up-chucking, puffy-faced drunk. Nothing high-end about that. (Well I'm not that way right now. 7 days! Longest stretch since January. And, 4 days before that.. I've only had one drunk night this whole month.)

So this has been a significant event. I was hurt, I sulked, some good people extended their hand, and I now feel better than ever. (It's in the valleys that the trees grow.) If I hadn't posted and put myself out there, I would not have learned and grown. It took a few days to play out, and next time, I'll maybe have more patience and empathy.

Thx all! I'm back -->

P.S. Karen, I'm going to send you a PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Tenk, you have a positive attitude and approach that I am sure will take you far in sobriety.Hang in there.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Peter!!!

This post is 13 days old!!! You brought it forward and then I got worried about tenK...hahaha! Geez.... Can I laugh and suggest a PM next time you write to a post so old, well, if it is about something volatile. Got me all riled up!!