Notices

Day 15

Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15

2 weeks and I still feel like ****. I quit several times in the past and remember feeling better after a week or so. Not the case this time. It still feels like waking up with a mild hangover. Im drug out but restless and the cravings seem to be getting worse, not better.

I was in a bad way last night. I tried to get my wife to bring home a 6 pack. Had a good excuse though, we were making bratwurst I couldnt get past the cravings no matter what I did.

Im not havin any fun over here.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You didn't drink, though, right? Your wife didn't bring you a six-pack, I'm hoping. Day 15 is a great place to be... keep up the good work.

This getting sober business isn't easy or fun. It's good that you came here to talk about the troubles you're having. You've probably heard this all before, but.... are you exercising? Are you eating right? Getting enough sleep? Drinking enough water? Taking any supplements (a good multivitamin, B-complex, &/or milkthistle)? Are you getting invested in any hobbies that you couldn't do with a drink in your hand and in your head? These are all aspects of good health that we all seem to neglect when we're busy drinking. If you're not taking proper care of yourself, perhaps that's why you're feeling not-so-good. I know that I have had to address all of these issues because I definitely haven't been taking care of myself, thanks to my friend Vodka. Also... are you active in AA, SMART, RR, etc? Those things can help, too. Of course, like I said, this is all stuff you've probably heard over and over again... but I suppose they're things worth repeating!

At any rate, congratulations on your half-month!

take care. keep fighting.
--anne
Old 04-06-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 days Grkda.Hang in there.It will get better.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

15 days is great, don't give up now! You know you will just feel worse if you do!
The cravings will lessen or go away. Just don't drink or you'll have to start the whole process all over again, and who wants to do that???
Old 04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah Im not lookin to start over. I dont think I could do it again
Old 04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes

grkda ...

Each time I de toxed it was harder. A combo of being older and a slower healing body...IMO.

How long were you drinking alcoholically? I just bet it was more than 15 days!!

"This too shall pass"
Old 04-06-2005, 08:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Dude! You may not be having fun...yet, but damn it if you ain't sober! Stick with it!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chy
Dude! You may not be having fun...yet, but damn it if you ain't sober! Stick with it!
Oh Im sticking with it, in fact i feel stuck Im so damn irritable lately I can barely stand myself. It was easier the first week.