Notices

Detox???

Old 03-22-2005, 10:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox???

Any boards out there or anybody want to share stories about their detox experiences? I am fixing to enter a facility called The Right Step & other than their web page, I am lost. Thanks again,
Kelli
Old 03-24-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kelli/michelle
Any boards out there or anybody want to share stories about their detox experiences? I am fixing to enter a facility called The Right Step & other than their web page, I am lost. Thanks again,
Kelli

I just got out of detox last night. I checked into a hospital for other health reasons that needed to be monitored while I detoxed so I dont know what a true detox center would be like, but it sounds about the same.

It was incredibly boring but other than that, no worries. I just hate being couped up for 2 days.

They monitored bp and ran every conceivable test on me. They gave me some nausea meds, vitamins, bp meds, and sedatives occassionally. They had some half wit social worker doing his best to make me feel like a schmuck, but I saw through him right off the bat. Everyone else was ok.

Good luck.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

grkda,
Glad to see you survived the hospital stay!

Kelli,
I don't have experiance with detox facilities but I'm sure you'll get a lot of information from others. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

I am kinda going the hospital route. It's the only way to get around the insurance. I go to the local ER tomorrow & tell them I want to detox & these people from a chemical dependency program do an assement on me & take me to a center a few hours from here for detox.
I am trying my best to stay strong.
Lord help me to hang in there!