Notices

i am sorry.......i need help

Old 07-30-2001, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
terrilynk

Post i am sorry.......i need help

hi, i need serious help, i a an alclholic. my relationship with my 14 month old daughter's dad just ended. since then i have been drinking every night......all alone. i have a proffessional job and i hide it there, but have called in a few times because of a hang over. i am so scared. i am thinking of suicide. i have tried outpatient treatment in the past...twice.....but i am afraid of the embarassment of it all.....please help.......i am sinking. hurry!

Old 07-31-2001, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suggest that you check yourself into one of these:

FSH/ Behavioral Health Residential Services
Scarseth House
535 South 17th Street
LaCrosse, Wisconsin 54601
608-785-1270
608-785-1279
Private Insurance
or
1022 Division Street
LaCrosse, Wisconsin
608-782-7700
other assistance/insurance

If not try the area Alcoholic anonymous
LaCrosse Area Intergroup
Box 1212
LaCrosse, Wisconsin 54602
608-784-7560

Let us know how you make out!!

Just for Today--I am Sober
Old 07-31-2001, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Terrilyn,

Yes, listen to Pernell, I know just how you feel, but there is a way out; you just have to be willing.........willing to go to any lengths.

And hey, don't worry bout any embarrassment; would you rather be embarrassed or dead? This may sound harsh, but it really is a matter of life and death; and today I choose LIFE!!!!! You can too...I'll be prayin for you.

Luv Ya,
Noelle
Old 07-31-2001, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Is It Real?

Hello Terrilynk, and thanks for posting. You reminded me of the past and am so grateful I came into this program, as it has saved my life. I failed at outpatient and after a suicide attempt I went inpatient. That truly was the beginning of me turning my life around but I did not follow all the suggestions and failed. As I say to my sponsees -- Do What You Always Did and You Will Get What You Always Got -- Only Worse! I lived it and proved it and have heard it over and over in the rooms. Until I surrendered, did the first step 100% and followed the suggestions -- I failed. I have a sponsor, go to meetings 6 out of 7 days a week (meeting makers make it), work the steps to the best of my ability, got a home group and got involved in service work. This time I am in the middle of recovery, not just on the edge so I can't fall off as long as I work this program One Day At A Time and that is sometimes minute to minute or second to second. I have read the Big Book and am still reading and following it. I know I am powerless over alcohol and my life was unmanageable and it sounds like you have a good start on that first step. How embarrassed are you when you buy your booze? Is it the embarrassment that has you drinking home alone every night? How embarrassed are you going to be if you continue and God forbid -- something happens to your child because you are passed out or you lose custody because you refuse to do anything about this disease. Would you be embarrassed to have cancer, a heart attack, diabetes, etc? Wouldn't you take the medication or suggestions to keep from dying from a disease? As willing as you have/are to drink -- how willing and what lengths are you willing to go for your recovery. I was told if I put half the effort I did into staying out there into this program -- I had a good chance of recovering from the hopeless state of mind and body I was in. Please try it -- you may like it! May God Bless, Protect, Guide and Keep You Well and Safe! We are not a bad bunch of people -- we are just sick people trying to get well. Only you can make the choice.