Notices

alcohol daze

Old 02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcohol daze

when you get sober..how long does it take for that sort of disoriented, alcohol faze to go away. i always feel out of it when i stop. i'm in a pretty advanced graduate program and i really need to get with it. i'm just looking for ball park numbers.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

That's a tough question. I think it's different for each person. I think it's depends on how long and how much you drank. Perhaps you could be more specific on how long/much you drank.

I drank a pint and a half of vodka a day (almost) for years. It took me about a week to start feeling normal - or what I tought was normal. My sleeping was off for about a month. Lost my appetite for about two weeks. But that's just me. But I also took vitamins and exercised everyday.

I hope this has helped.

Richard
Old 02-22-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

for the most part i have drinken a large bottle of wine every night for the past 9 months...of course there have been spans of days where i haven't drinken at all...but if i'm going to sum it up i guess thats it. there have been times i have drinken much more and much less. i just feel fuzzy when i stop. not that drinking is better...it is much worse. i have heard before that taking multivitamins and drinking a lot of water helps.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i have had trouble sleeping for years anyway...booze or no booze...i just can't sleep. i find this to be one of the most disturbing side effects of an anxiety/drinking problem.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the haze is lifted!!

Hi
I am on day 17. I can tell you that it took me around 5 days for the haze to lift and to start to feel better. I can tell you now that I sleep very soundly and wake up rested - and with a clear head, imagine that!!

Give it some time it will get better. I can tell you my focus on work, my confidence at work, and my (lack of) anxiety have all improved greatly since I stopped boozin. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow. It took me a couple weeks before it felt like I was close to normal brain function.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ninthchance
i'm just looking for ball park numbers.
Depends on the ball park. Some, like in Boston, have pretty high fences.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Took me three months at least before I settled down.

But if it's three days, three months or three years - it's worth every ounce of effort. Stick at it.

Deg.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well something's still not right with me and I've been dry for 3 months straight. I can't seem to focus like I did when I was drinking every day. I think drinking all the time made me obsess about one thing which screwed up the rest of my life. So I was good at one thing and the rest went out the window. Not much balance there. After 3 months of not drinking, my life is much more balanced, but my thinking is still a little scrambled. I'm hoping it'll continue clearing up over time.
Val
Old 02-27-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb There is no

set time that i am aware of....34 days will do the de tox from alcohol in your v body.

Your brain takes longer depending on what you have left of tyour brain cells as a;cohol kills them. Some never recover mentally.

P;ease concult your doctor before quitting.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi ninthchance,

It took me about 3 months before I felt as if my brain was clear, and thats when my depression lifted also.