Notices

i need help

Old 05-13-2002, 06:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

thanks don,
i guess take what i want and leave the rest. but i might leave important stuff if i start thinking i know whats best. how can i know who to listen to and who to ignore without missing stuff that might keep me from drinking? everbody at those meetings has been sober longer than me and I was told to take the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth. i almost told the guy who said that to take along walk on a short dock!!!
jimmyk
Old 05-14-2002, 07:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

one week sober because of AA and the steps! Yeah! i'm still trying to understand step 1 at this point but this is great! Thanks for all of you're good advice and stuff.
jimmyk
Old 05-14-2002, 09:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Jimmy - congrats on your one week sober!!! That is awesome!!! I saw this quote this morning and I thought I would share it with you:

"A day dawns, quite like other days; in it, a single hour comes, quite like other hours; but in that day, and in that hour, the chance of a lifetime faces us."

- Maltie Babcock

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-14-2002, 09:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jimmy, there is a saying I keep in mind: whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right!

I hope AA works for you. I found I needed to work on the reasons why I wanted to drink. I also loved the buzz, escape, etc. I think there was also quite a bit of physical craving as well. Anyway, I learned to deal with the urges and found that I am not powerless to refuse to drink.

Loco