Notices

Medical Question?

Old 02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Medical Question?

Hi,

Great Board! I've been sober 9 months after 2 years of hard drinking..beer and vodka. I'm 38, in good health, not overweight, no high blood pressure. However, I've noticed my feet and lower legs are somewhat numb. This started slowly a couple of years ago and gradually got worse. It seems to have stabalized..not getting any worse but not getting any better. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

It's always suggested you visit the docotor, we don't suggest seeking online medical advice but you may run across someone with similar issues which tends to relieve some stress. I had similar symptoms about a year ago, and the doc said it was Sciatica (pinched nerves in the spine). It lasted for eons, but eventually went away with PT, there is a lot of info online, but as suggested it's always best to be safe and see your own doctor.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Never experienced it.Sounds like it could be a circulation problem.Chy is right, you really should see a doctor.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

See a doctor, be honest about your habits past and present. Your symptoms resemble mine, which were from diabetes. Some dietary changes were all I needed.

Mks
Old 02-04-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds like peripheral neuropathy which is a numbing in the limbs (feet/toes) caused by damage to the nerves in those areas. I've read that some people with diabetes and those who abuse alcohol may suffer from it.

Check with your doctor.