Notices

Got lost over the weekend

Old 01-26-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got lost over the weekend

Wife offered me a beer while out with family. Seems I kept it going when I got home straight into the playoffs. Wow. That was insanity.

Its best described by this:

Insanity

Anywho, its been > 72 hours now. Getting over extreme illness brought on by that. Work is getting easier. Been doing a side project in the evening for an endowment, confusing datamodel and zero background/context. Feedback is positive so its better than Monday when I felt like I was unable to do it.

3 nights of great sleep with my wife has been good, I was lucky to talk her into staying this time, she screamed in my face for about an hour. Apparently I am quite the jerk when I drink.

I think I have pushed it for the last time, I am certainly sick of being sick and tired and I want my family. They depend on me for everything.

So I gave my wife a gift today. You see at lunch I was hiking the mountains with a co-worker who volunteered that he has not drank in 18 mos and that he was expecting to have to go to AA but he never did, just cold turkey. He has a lot of spiritual books and handles finances for the church.

The scary part was when I opened up my suv to let him in for the hike I saw a massive 40 oz bottle of Steel Reserve, this rot-gut is 8.0 alcohol ghetto beer. I must have bought it over the weekend, he never saw it - thank God.

When I got home I presented it to her, she did not know what to do with it so I opened it and poured it down the drain after smelling it. Did not smell as pungent as the glass of wine I poured her. Really glad the acid-like body inflaming stuff is not in me. Work to do before I sleep well again. Yes just me and my energy drink and my melatonin. Back already does not hurt ( I have a broken L5 that seems to be painful after drinking, or is it just drinking and falling down ? ) My rotator cuff is still coming around and my forearm tendonitis is easing. Back to whole foods and living well, treating myself to ice cream, 5 fruits and veggies a day and packing on muscle.

Need to remember the Monday horror for a long long time, need to think of others at the work days end and not of myself.

Be good. Dont drink - its not worth it. Next time its gonna be legal for me. My last one was after the Pats won - the friendly barkeep would not pour me another - she said 'how about a glass of icewater ' ? I said 'Thanks'. Drank it and tipped her 10 bucks.

She was right - I have had quite enough. Enough for a lifetime.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I bite.

WOW.

Very powerful read.

Thanks for sharing that. I learned something.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You bet Grimnar. I will keep coming back to my notes lest I get the 'insanity' again.

Whelp its 1:30 in Colorado, have some good stuff for the endowment people I can finish in the morning before the girls awake and be on time for my real job too.

Amazing how you can get over being sick and work like this on just 4 hours sleep, easy-peasy when its booze-free.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Gettingsober,
Thanks for that. If you find that it's too hard to do it alone (I couldn't do it on my own) remember there is AA. It's actually a gift - not a sentence!
Good luck!
cathy31
x