Notices

Double Whammy!

Old 01-15-2005, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Double Whammy!

Thanks Chy, for the “drunk dream” warning. Gee, I had 2 last night and I was also smoking in them. Ugh! Gee, there were people in it I have not thought of in years. I was argumentative, unreasonable and falling all over the place! I was even blowing smoke in my frail, 86 yr old Mother in law’s face! I should be horse whipped! I did have smoking dreams a few weeks after I quit that. They were so real; I woke up and thought I had smoked! These weren’t quite as bad, but they just made me realize I am NOT going to chicken out of the AA meeting I planned on for today! Hubby took daughter skiing, so the day is mine. I am going to ‘Lunch Bunch” at noon. It is closed and non-smoking. Am I supposed to pack a lunch?? I am a bit nervous and even thinking about what I should wear! Oh well, for now I am making myself Eggs Florentine, (yes “C”!) and drinking coffee which I know I shouldn’t! It may be a 2 shake day. Wish me luck!
Brighty
Old 01-15-2005, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please, someone respond. I have to leave in 30 min!

Am I supposed to pack a lunch??
Old 01-15-2005, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((((Brighty))))))))
Sorry I did not respond earlier today. How was the meeting and what did you have for lunch?

Most "Lunch Bunch" type meetings I attended were hour meetings for the working crowd. Lunch was not necessarily provided or partaken of during the meetings but you never know for sure until you show up. One Lunch Bunch type meeting I attended was held by a Group renting from an Alano Club. The Club had a wonderful kitchen and pretty good & reasonably priced food. Folks would call ahead and have their orders ready when they arrived to participate in the Groups meeting.

I hope you made it and the meeting was awesome! I also hope that whatever lunch you had was as good as the meals sobriety has provided for me.

(((((((Brighty)))))))))
Kiss Heart of Spirit In Love & Service,
3 Legacy
Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Sorry about the drunk dream, terrible they are. So how did your meeting go?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for replying.
I am sorry to say the meeting was a very BIG disappointment. I originally printed off the schedule from the link here. I thought I was going to a closed meeting. I got there 5 minutes or so early. It was pretty crowded; no one welcomed me or even said boo for that matter. I went looking for a seat and found that the empty ones I saw “were saved”. I then noticed children there. I am now feeling sort of uncomfortable. Brian, the chairman or what ever, opened the meeting and said it was an “open” meeting. He read the steps, traditions and some facility rules in a monotone. He then asked about birthdays, etc. I raised my hand at the appropriate place. No one seemed happy to be there except some old, lonely men who spoke. It seemed everyone else who said anything at all was there because they were ordered by the court or other place. After that, Brian says the church asks that we return our chairs before leaving. Folks stood up so I did too and started folding my chair. I looked around and everyone else was forming a circle around the room. No announcement like “let’s make a circle for the Lord’s Prayer.” Everyone just formed it while I folded my chair! I wanted to fall through the floor! After that, two women came up to me and asked me if I wanted their phone #’s and asked me if this was my first meeting. Duh, I wanted to say “first and last!” I cried most of the way home. I didn’t feel like drinking, but I did feel the urge to smoke come over me, especially since I had to ford a cloud of smoke while leaving the building. I know how to fight that urge though, by now and I had my trusted “quit bag” with me. I was a grump all evening, until my daughter & I watched SNL. We were laughing so hard, we were literally rolling on the floor!

Today is a new day and it was wonderful. I’ll tell you about it in another post.
Thanks for listening!
Brighty
Old 01-17-2005, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Brighty
I'm so sorry about how disappointing it was! But give it another try, and definitely try for a closed meeting. If I were you I would phone your local office and ask for someone to meet you outside - say you are new and need the support.

Don't give up - sorry it was so grim!

Keep it up,

Cathy31
x
Old 01-17-2005, 04:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There are plenty of other options apart from AA; I absolutely HATE AA.

Different strokes etc...
Old 01-17-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello all,
That was my one and only experience with AA. I will do whatever it takes to stay sober. Drinking is not an option! If I need to, I will try again. Right now, I am a little turned off but, I am learning, I am making one heck of a journal, I made a very good friend here at SR and I am learning from all of you. We attended a church yesterday that we would like to join. We have been to this church before and feel sort of pulled in, even though we live on the other side of town. I am a very positive person and I don’t give up easily. I am still feeling GREAT. I have had urges to smoke, but not really urges to drink. Smoking is not an option either! My hubby had a glass of wine with dinner last night. I happily sipped my water. I put the beer in the garage and it is not calling my name, AT All.

I thank you all for your support!
Brighty