Notices

Day 3 - First night out

Old 01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi dear Eddie,
I KNOW what you mean! I nearly collapsed during the second half of tae-bo!!! LIterally! Aching today, but boy did I sleep well!!! I am such an all or nothing person...will try and moderate a little from now on though!!! It just would be so nice to be sober AND thin!
TenK I'll check out your post...how are you getting on today, I think I'm on day 9 now.
You didn't mention if you go to meetings or are working a recovery program of some sort? I go t AA...have ameeting tonight whichI am really looking forward to, it's been a few days.
Love to you all!
Cathy31
Old 01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Cathy)))))
-ez
Old 01-12-2005, 07:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Our Big Boy Max

Smile 1st timer

This is my first time here, I have been sober for 21 days. I am still struggling, and didn't realize how hard alcohol was on the body. I drank beer for 10 years, everyday. Long time. I am sooo.. emoitional, but I do have a wonderful husband who does not drink. So, that makes it a little easier. Since this is my first time here, I am not sure if this is the place I am supposed to be writing to? But hopefully so! I go up & down, almost all day long, still. I had muscle tremors, scared me to death. The anxiety can be overwhelming at times, I take Xanax for that, it definately helps. But I guess I just needed to share and talk to others who feel the way I do, to cope with this. Quitting drinking is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, especially physically. Well, wish me luck, everyone! And keep up the strength and great progress.
Eagee13
Old 01-12-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Eagee,
Welcome to SR and congratulations on your three weeks sober! Are you going to any meetings? I highly recommend you find an in-person support group such as AA. It makes sobriety much easier than going it alone!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
9:40 5K

hi!

Hi Eagee13,

You are welcome to post anywhere you want. Welcome, and congrats on your 21 days!

If you want to post at the top level, get to the idex page:
http://soberrecovery.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

...and click the "New Thread" button on the top-ish left.

In fact I'll start one for you.