Notices

Bags are packed!!

Old 01-08-2005, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Bags are packed!!

Hi Everyone,
I have been a member of this forum for about 3 weeks now, since the day i knew i could no longer keep doing this to myself. I havent been a sober member but i have been reading all the threads and posts and have found it very comforting. I have had to wait 3 weeks to get into detox and tomorrow morning im off.
my bags are packed, my daughter has gone to stay with her dad (that made me cry seeing her little face waving goodbye as they drove off) we have never been apart more than 2 days and i feel so guilty about leaving her. I have made up little packages with sweets and a few trinkets and a message from me for her dad to give her each day im away. In detox i cant even call her, i understand why though one teary call from her would have me running out the door....
So yesterday i packed up all the wine glasses from my house, i even moved my fridge to a different spot. I found another grocery store( my usual is next to my trusty old bottle shop)
This 3 weeks have been killing me and having to wait hasnt help my anxiety about going. I have so many what ifs happening in my head.
I am so grateful for finding this place and when i get out be ready for my daily...maybe hourly posts
I know i can do this as i WANT to do this...i just need a bit of help and learning tools to teach me !!
Anyway thankyou for listening and ill see you all when im out...they did have a computer but i dont think it has net access...
Take care everyone
Deexx
Old 01-08-2005, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good Luck

You are starting a wonderful journey.

much love
JC
Old 01-08-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck in this exciting and positive venture.

Andy F
Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To be continued....

Best wishes Dee!!! I'm proud of you!!! (((HUGS))) See you when you get back.

~L
Old 01-08-2005, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on the life saving decision you have made!!! Best of luck and can't wait to hear from you again.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Doug

Good Luck Dee, and good choice, for you and your daughter, even though she doesn't know it yet.

Hang in there, take good care of yourself, and come see us when you get out. We'll still be here.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Dee)))
I too am very proud of you, you have the right attitude. I really got alot out of the treatment center I went to, it was good to realize that I was notthe only one who had an addiction to alcohol. They will give you some valuable tools for recovery, you will need them when you get back into the real world.
And of course we will be here for you when you get home.
That was very sweet of you to prepare those little daily gifts for your daughter. I know too well how you are feeling right now and my heart goes out to you.
Try to see it as a positive thing that your daughter get's to spend time with her Dad and her mom is going to be healthier and happier in the long run and that is what is most important.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Oh Dee...
I remember leaving my children to go to rehab.
Not an easy proposition.
But like Doug said, there may be tears and sadness now, but in the long run, only good things can come of this.
Be well, work hard on you, and have faith.

Last edited by Dan; 01-09-2005 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

I agree, good things will come from this. Good luck Dee...find comfort in knowing you're doing the right thing.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi Dee
Well done - you can be very proud of yourself! You sound like a great caring mom too doing up those little pressies for your daughter.

You are doing the BEST thing you can possibly do for YOU and for your daughter. You will be surrounded by love and people in the same boat as you. It's a real privilege and you sound so determined, I have great faith in what you are going to achieve!! Well done!!

We'll all be here waiting for you when you return...you can prove an inspiration for so many who are vascillating at the moment...good luck and wishing you ONLY the best!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you and again well done for taking this necessary, BRAVE life saving step!

Cathy31
Old 01-09-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Dee)))

This is a wonderful thing -- I am so happy for you, and wish you love and prayers in your new journey.

Come back in and let us know how you are doing.

Ken
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Dee)) A wonderful life is ahead of you!!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello Dee; I want to wish you all the best. I was a single parent when I went through detox and the treatment centre almost 2 years ago. I left my young daughters to take care of the house and all the responsibility for 2 months. They were 18, and 20 at the time, and later told me it was a great growing experience for both of them.

I know it's hard to leave your daughter behind, but you will be doing it for her as well as for yourself, and I think you know that.
It was the hardest thing in my life that I ever went through, but truly the most amazing growing experience as well. You have a great attitude and that is so important.

All the best to you, and we look forward to hearing of your experiences when you get out.

My thoughts and prayers are with you
Diana
Old 01-09-2005, 11:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((((((((Dee)))))))))
Be sure to check back in once you get released from Treatment. I hope it provides a lot of discovery for you and that you tap into recovery once you get out. Smooth sailing :boat no matter the winds and waves.

Kiss Heart of Spirit In Love & Service,
3 Legacy
:tri
Old 01-09-2005, 12:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thankyou everybody who posted....
Its 7.50am here and im just about to leave, i have printed out my post and i will pull it out and read it as often as i need, each night all of you will be mentioned in my prayers.
THANKYOU so much for your thoughts on my daughter, knowing and hearing its ok to leave her helps me more than you can know.
see you all soon
Love Deex
Old 01-09-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Precious moments of joy ahead
Surviving our past
Many have fortunately said
Recovery will last
&
Thank God I'm no longer dead