Notices

quitting serequel

Old 02-07-2023, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

quitting serequel

I'm chosing to go off serequel my doctor has already taperd me down to 50 MG day. u accept I won't sleep for awhile. I just can't stand having that posin in Mr any longer,it's just unbearable the thought of it cursing through my brain. I'm thinking of trying Melotonen for sleep doctor said I could use it. I know this may be a bad idea but I know it's changed who I really am and I don't enjoy being that person. the main reason I'm doing this I don't want dementia. is this a good idea probably not but I'm doing it anyway. I have been having very hard time lately basically crawling out of my skin. even so I believe it's my higher power will so I'm doing it
David
Old 02-07-2023, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've changed my mind I'm going to go back on it this probably isn't the time to get off it. mabey when I in a mentally healthy place. I'm really not making wise decisions right now. feeling terrible can't stop crying at least on the inside.
David
Old 02-07-2023, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi 100, I use diphenhydramine Hydrochloride to sleep - I think it's called Benadryl in the States. It doesn't mess with my head just heavily sedates me. It may be worth trying for when you are coming off your meds. I briefly tried anti depressants and found the sensation of them in my body deeply unpleasant. I empathise with the feeling you are describing. I hope things work out.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

eventbough I taperd off serequel if I don't take it I can't sleep due to withdrawal which , at this point the only symptom I get is I can't sleep. im going to get some melotenen,to, see if that's allows me to sleep.
Benadryl makes me horrible anxious as do most anti- histamines,.
I'm probably going to talk this over with psch doctor and be honest Mabey extend the taper.
David
Old 02-07-2023, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good idea - you seem undecided.

D
Old 02-14-2023, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Seroquel is a very potent psychotropic and not prescribed lightly. It is not often used as frontline scrip for help with sleep. Nevertheless, 50mg is a very low dose. Please do talk it over very openly and honestly with your psych dr.

I take a very high dose. but it is a trade off that I choose in the best interest of my mental health. We can chat more about it if you wish.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was on 800 MG a day but after quiting drinking i no longer needed it. I feel so much better on only 50 MG a day. Dr thought I was bi-polar but I only had such symptoms when using. dr still says I'm bi-polar. I'm not currently having manic symptoms. one thing I'm done with weed it's no good I never want to use it again.
David
Old 02-14-2023, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I take 700mg/day. 100mg mid-day and the rest at night. Best sleep of my life. I do have bipolar. I didn't believe it for a long time and mine is characterized by mostly pervasive depression. The seroquel is the only thing that has eased the depression. But I do believe that the depression thinking is a type of psychosis. We are not perceiving things normally as most people do when we are depressed. I take other meds as well and do not go into mania,..which have been very few and always precipitated by my meds being screwed up.
When you were taking 800mg did it control your anxiety?

Yeah, weed is not enjoyable anymore.
Old 02-14-2023, 08:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

it's complicated been on it for years but getting off it has been a revelation I can think Clearly again and serequel made my anxiety worse, far worse. I sleep as well on 50 MG serequel as I do on 600mg. I'm on the extended release formula. plus I had no emotions on serequel except anger. i also slept to much and still had trouble falling asleep. don't need it and don't want it.
david
Old 02-15-2023, 05:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Psychotropics are tricky..what works for one may not for another. The main concern I have is that lack of sleep could well cause a mixed or manic episode if that is a risk? With the side effects you describe, I would not want it either! It took years to find the right combo of meds for me. There was one mood stabilizer that caused me to flip moods about every 45 seconds. bwahahahaha. and yes, angry & bossy came out. I hated it and so did those around me. I was back in the dr office in a week to say I can't do this! There are a couple that make me very anxious & that was unbearable. Yet for many others those meds work, just not for me. It sounds like your dr is willing to work with you and that is half the battle. I know that I need to honor my own experience and advocate for myself. It sounds like you are doing that.
Is the 50mg working for you or is it the same side effects of the high dose?
Old 02-15-2023, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I feel a lot better on a lower dose. I don't believe I have bi polar because I'm basically only on 50 MG and nothing else and I have no bi polar symptoms. I tried so many meds and all them only made me worse. I'm sleeping fairly 8 hours a night. I do have sleep apena and delayed sleep phase disorder. never had classic bi polar symptoms. mabey anxiety is a symptom of untreated addiction. ma was great meet a lot really nice people.
David
Old 02-15-2023, 01:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am glad that you feel so much better & that you met some great people!
I had thought that you were struggling with a deep depression also.
I agree that deleting the weed would help with anxiety.
Old 02-15-2023, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm depressed but it's been mainly since I've relapsed and especially today since it's only day 2. it's mostly because I feel so lost since I've started using again and I've only used 6 times in the last month because I keep trying not to do it. right now. was I depressed before yes but not deep. right now is realy bad but I think it's because I can't get high anymore. when I'm using I'm depressed but it usually goes after I've been sober trouble is I'm not confident I can stop. that makes want to cry.
David
Old 02-15-2023, 02:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

You should feel better in a week or so David

D