Notices

Finally feeling better

Old 09-05-2022, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally feeling better

While after 10+ years on this. I finally decided to say enough is enough what is different this time is I’m working a program and it’s so hard for me to swallow that I needed to reach out for help. My dad was an alcoholic who died at 50 so young. And I never wanted to be like him. I know that I’m strong for attempting to do this. Talking to other people make it so much easier. Thank you all for being here and listening! I think I really got this this time! I’m scared but I know I just have to worry about today.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AWESOME! You are giving yourself an amazing gift. We have today to make a difference within our lives.

I am sorry to hear about your father. 50 is very young. I do understand your thoughts around not wanting to be like our family members, I also struggled with that as well. Good news is that we are not anyone but ourselves, and even if we might have similar problems, we can address them differently. We get to have choices. Lots of them. Coming here, talking, getting support is a really positive step in the right direction. Keep making one positive change after another. Its not easy. Its not supposed to be. You are brave. Very much so.

Welcome!
Old 09-05-2022, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

it’s so hard for me to swallow that I needed to reach out for help
Reaching out for help is a sign of strength. It shows that we are stronger than our ego. My ego is actually frail and weak. It wants me to believe that I don't need other people and their help. My ego is delusional.

I need other people and their help every single day. Without the help of other people I wouldn't have a job that supplies me with a paycheck. People create the need for the service my job provides. Without the help of an employer who built their business serving that need, my job wouldn't exist. I need the help of the purveyors who bring their product to my work, so that I can work to produce the finished product that is the reason for my job existing in the first place. The list goes on and on and so do the number of lists.

What about the motorcycle I commute to work on. I didn't design it and build it. I don't explore for, refine, and produce the gas that allows the motorcycle to run and get me to work. I didn't build the roads I use. etc. etc.

People who proclaim that they don't need help, are merely being deluded by their ego. We (human beings) are here on this planet for the purpose of helping each other and in turn, to receive help in the process. The human race never would have gotten very far if it was originally only Adam or Eve. It took a we, not a me, to get the ball rolling.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Failing to ask for help is a sign of weakness and a lack of strength.

Congrats on enough is enough! That is a huge step in the right direction. You can do this!!

Old 09-05-2022, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you! ❤️
Old 09-06-2022, 12:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great to hear justme
D