Notices

Thank you.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you.

I found Sober Recovery a little over two years ago.

I came here not for any special need but mostly out of curiosity because I had met people in recovery who supplemented their programme with "online" support and I wanted to see what it was all about.

It is strange however that the past two years or so has turned out to be the two most trying years of my seven years as a recovering Codependent/Alcoholic.

Broken relationships,death of loved ones and other personal challenges.

I am happy I came here.I am grateful to all the people who made me feel welcome the first day I walked through the door.There were many but some I remember most.

People like Ann,Margo,Smoke,Morning Glory,Paulie,Vinnie,Hadenuff and others whose names elude me at the moment.

I am grateful to you all for your acceptance of me.

I am grateful to Jon too for the confidence he showed in me by asking me to Moderate on the Alcoholism forum.

I have made many friends here.I have laughed,cried,argued,debated and agonized with so many of you.I have come to know you well even though I do not have a clue what most of you look like.

Most of all I am proud of my membership here.SR has been an important part of my recovery process for more than two years now and even if it sounds a little corny I know that SR has helped me to weather some terrific storms.

Thanks.I know I don't say it often enough but you are all a great bunch of people.If this is supposed to be a special season of gratitude then I must remember to be grateful.

I may not have all the things I need or want but God has given me more than I deserve.If even just for today I will try to remember one person who is less fortunate than I.

Merry Christmas to all of you and may all your dreams come true.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Postiversary Peter.
I'm glad I have you in my treasure box.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Peter

I remember when you first came here, this gentle strong man from Jamaica, and your friendship has been significant to my journey. From you, I learned patience, perseverence and to keep my head up when a hurricane is headed my way

I love you, Peter, and wish you a Merry Christmas and the very best for 2005, because you deserve it!!

Hugs
Ann
Old 12-17-2004, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Peter,
Thanks for coming to SR. I've learned a lot from you. There have been times when you've seemed to be the only sane head in the bunch.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year and lets all make next year even better than the last.

We can all tie a knot and hang on to each other.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Thank-you Peter

Thanks for being here and sharing your recovery with us,happiest of holidays to you to ! Bless,Trish
Old 12-19-2004, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Happy Postiversary Peter...and thank YOU! Your words when I arrived is what kept me coming back! *hugs*
Old 12-19-2004, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Posted by Hadenuff 9-6-02
3 days clean
"I quit using herion and crack in 95 but still kept smoking my weed. Last Nov. I used some crack and in March I started using everyday. I quit the crack 3 weeks ago but was still smoking pot and drinking. I have 3 days clean now from everything and I just need to be in contact with people who know how much it hurts to be an addict/alcoholic. I have been in and out of the program and rehabs. I know I have to take it one day at a time but I am my own worst enemy."

Posted by PETER 9-6-02

"Hello Hadenuff'
welcome to the forum. Here you will find people who do know how much it hurts to be an addict, but more importantly you will also find people who are finding freedom from that pain. There are people here with some good suggestions on how to stay clean just remember to keep an open mind and a positive attitude. Once again welcome. We are happy to have you. peter."

I had 3 days clean, I was hurtin, stopping using was murder, I felt like I was gonna go crazy. Yours was the first reply.

SR and the friends I've made were put in my life for a reason.

Thankyou and everyone here.

H