Notices

Please Stay On The Sober Bus Pt 57

Old 06-19-2022, 12:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I tested positive until day 13 when I had Covid. I read that there remain dead Covid cells in your nasal passages even once one is over Covid, which can lead to false positives. It is definitely a two week event for many people from onset until they feel more normal.

On the early work sober bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!
Old 06-19-2022, 04:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Happy to be on the Sunday Soberbus, feeling “almost normal” ~ though what is normal!?

I might not be too active today, but would like to see the sights

(and coffee…we can’t forget the coffee!)
Old 06-19-2022, 04:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Purps, happy to hear you are feeling better.
On the bus today to go visit my FIL at the NH. What's kind of sad to me is my FIL always says "Love you" to me, and my Dad (he passed away almost 3 years ago) never said " love you" to me. Oh well.
Old 06-19-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

My Dad just past away at the end of March...still regretting not calling him on that Saturday night...we watched Svengoolie together since I was little...he past that Sat night...so my heart still is breaking.

Luv ya, Dad
Old 06-19-2022, 05:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
...LOL that you know exactly how many days ago it was...
I have a free app on my windows laptop from the Microsoft store called Sobriety Counter. I added ice cream binging to it when my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic. (six months later my hemoglobin A1C levels tested normal). I was really binging on the stuff, an overflowing nightly bowl full making feel absolutely packed full.

Wishing everyone a serine Sunday. It's gonna be a hot one in my corner of the hundred acre woods.

On the bus!
Old 06-19-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You can actually test positive for quite a while after you have covid. Or perhaps the better way to say it is, long after you are symptom-free. It's problematic.

And ON ❤️
Old 06-19-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

On the bus. It's raining and cool here. Not really complaining, but it has been raining for days on end and I'd really rather take my walk than eat my way through the day like I've been doing.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hope you get a break from the rain bim ❤️
Old 06-19-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
saoutchik

On!

Sending virtual hugs Alpine/ChloeRose. Glad you're feeling better Purps.
Old 06-19-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

On!

Sending virtual hugs Alpine/ChloeRose. Glad you're feeling better Purps.
Old 06-19-2022, 08:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

ChloeRose, sending love and good thoughts to you. I still miss my dad too and it's been a while. I understand the feelings.
On the Sober Bus, ODAAT!
Old 06-19-2022, 10:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

On the Soberbus

Old 06-20-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Darn hot day yesterday, did not get much done outside because of the heat. Normally I love hot days, guess I'm not acclimatized yet.

Had a strong craving Saturday evening. I feel that if I had the opportunity, I would've acted on it. After five years and 8 months, why does this still happen?

On the sober bus.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I know I'm up early when my post follows Mags...none of the North American friends have posted yet. Yay!?!?!

On the bus with coffee for stargazer (and everyone, of course.)
Old 06-20-2022, 03:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Dragon! We cross-posted.

I don't know why it happens. You didn't drink, that's the important bit.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I hear about getting up early. We had to get up at 415 am to get Mr. Alpine to the airport.
STDragon, thanks for sharing. I know now that I need to always be vigilant and focused. This helps a lot. Thanks!
On the bus to a brighter future
Old 06-20-2022, 06:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

If I eat garlic, it will make me incredibly ill, and I can end up in the ER. But still, every now and then, when someone who can cook is making something wonderful, and the smell wafts through the air, I get this crazy idea for just a second....oh....garlic bread....how nice that would be.

Mad huh? But human nature. And brain chemistry.
I don't have power over the thoughts that rush at me, but I get to choose what I do with them.

And ON ❤️
Old 06-20-2022, 08:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
I tested positive until day 13 when I had Covid. I read that there remain dead Covid cells in your nasal passages even once one is over Covid, which can lead to false positives. It is definitely a two week event for many people from onset until they feel more normal.

On the early work sober bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!
Took me a while for it to pass. i believe two weeks is about right. Although i had a pain/ache in my left elbow that lasted for about 2-3 months after it. it was two-three summers ago i believe. Glad to be on the sober bus. Guess i'm a little bit tired, almost wrote tre instead of three and buss is instead of bus. Bus = Mischief in swedish. Buss in swedish = bus in english. tre = three. I guess i'm just a little bit exhausted. Cleaned my apartment for around 8 hours yesterday and the day before i did my weight training, went to two groceries on saturday. went back to the apartment after the first trip then of to the other end of the town/city i live in to buy some coffee that was on sale as well as the granny smith apples i love.

Cleaned my apartment because i had to contact the super yesterday and i wanted it to be immaculate for when he showed up, the ventilation seemed to be off. Hot as *ell in my apartment..

Great super, i mailed him on the evening yesterday and got a reply in the morning. asked if i was home at around 10. answered in the morning and he showed up around 8-9 this morning to check the ventilation. Turns out that the kitchen and bathroom ventilation had been shut off. He showed up earlier because he saw that i was up from my reply to his mail. So, that is fixed and i'm finally down to a temperature that is close to outside. Had to drink ALOT of fluids during the period when it was off. I believe it got shut off when they changed the floor "mats" in the corridors. Mats in "" because it's those hard plastic looking thing.

Sorry about the long post, just had to share. so, got a really really clean apartment. my coffee brewer looks better then ever.
On the sober bus, dread friday since it's midsummers eve. A notorious drinking day. Got chips ready and just gotta get a caffeine free light soda to go with it on friday. Here to make sure i don't fall off the bus on friday.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:41 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
saoutchik

On!

Good to see you Vik88, glad you got your ventilation sorted out. It's no fun being too hot. Rarely a problem with Britain's maritime climate.

Real 'cravings' are very rare for me now. Y9u just have to remind yourself it will soon pass Dragon. As bim said, you didn't drink which is the main thing.

I just hope there are no vampires living near you Suzi, garlic is an essential deterrent.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good point Sao...hopefully I am all good. xx