Notices

Working out is AMAZING

Old 03-24-2022, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Working out is AMAZING

I wasn't able to work out for quite awhile for health reasons, but lately I'm in crohns remission and feeling great - so I started playing a game called "Thrill of the Fight" on my VR headset, a boxing game (it's super immersive and fun, if you haven't tried it).

And it's a heck of a workout! A month later I'm in cardio shape, kicked out my bench and weights, and I'm getting my heart-rate up and downing high-calorie smoothies like I'm training for something big lol (enjoy though the "something big" is just being a more fit Dad haha.

After a couple years of a sedentary lifestyle and so much unintended weight loss it feels good to start feeling strong again.

I also forgot what a rush it is to feel those endorphins are a good workout, and how calm/relaxed I feel after. A great tool in the arsenal here.

Anyway just felt like saying all that . Anyone else in a good routine right now?
Old 03-24-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exercise is good

D
Old 03-25-2022, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I hear ya, Evoo! I've lost 90 pounds in the past year. I've also been working out quite a bit. I'm even running again! I feel better at 56 than I did at 36.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
I hear ya, Evoo! I've lost 90 pounds in the past year. I've also been working out quite a bit. I'm even running again! I feel better at 56 than I did at 36.
Awesome! That's great. Running is great - my wife and I used to together a lot but it's tough with two small kids, so I started hitting the home workouts. AndI hear ya, I look healthier and younger at 37 than I did from 25-35 (overweight, red puffy face, eyes sunken in, hungover).
Old 03-27-2022, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Let's just say I have digestive issues as well and while working out never felt like a good idea, for me it always was. Finally I have been in remission for a number of years with small bouts of flare ups but far less than when I was drinking. It really is amazing how much alcohol effed everything up. Granted I am on medication (not for IBD but it nonetheless works for me) but working out would reduce my stress tenfold and stress was a big cause of my flare ups.

I support the working out plan and even better when it is outside!! I know my VR headset is not recommended for outside use when sunny.