Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Swollen parotid glands due to alcohol abuse anyone?

Notices

Old 03-21-2022, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, there was a time when I use to drink a lot more than recommended due to sever back pain I've had for years. I use to drink red wine, it's almost the only alcohol I drink.
I woke up one morning after having drunk an entire bottle the previous night with my parotid glands swollen, I first got diagnosed with an autoimmune disease but after 1 year treatment a new doc said it was probably not that. That was 8 months ago and until now I can't find any diagnostic that could explain the fact that my parotid glands are still swollen.

So I was thinking that maybe this could come from alcohol abuse.

I wanted to post a picture but I don't have enough post.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats never happened to me, so I have nio exoerience to share. I'm a bit confused tho - do you still drink regularly or was this bottle of red wine a one-off 8 months ago?

In any case I'd see a Dr if you want answers.

If your own doctor isn't giving you the response you think is warranted, maybe a second opinion?

D
Old 03-21-2022, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I still drink once in a while but not as heavy as a couple of years ago, when the swollen happen, and a lot less than 8 years ago when I use to get drunk 3-4 night per week. Mainly because the pain back I have has been decreasing slowly.

I've seen already like 6 doctors, got ultrasound scan, scanner, many blood test and still have no answer.