SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   life is getting so good (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/458118-life-getting-so-good.html)

100 03-20-2022 06:07 PM

life is getting so good

I thought having to work more would be terrible but I had a good aditude and I got out of work early each day. so it ended up not being that bad. I don't feel tired anymore all the time. I'm so busy and don't have enough time to do all the fun things I have to do. today I have options, today I have a life. I'm happier than I've been in years. I see a future I couldn't of dreamed of before getting sober. getting sober has been nothing like i thought it would be.
The big book is right you will have a fellowship grow up around you and have a host of friends, it's a experience you won't want to miss. I was alone before, but today I have many friends. they say show me a grateful alcoholic and I will show you a sober alcoholic. I feel so very blessed. It's so beautiful it's almost indescribable the changes that have taken place in me.
David

AL48 03-21-2022 02:05 PM

Good for you David.
Its a great feeling being free.

Dee74 03-21-2022 02:57 PM

I'm glad things are looking up from a few days ago :)
D

uncle holmes 03-21-2022 07:11 PM

That’s fantastic David! There’s no turning back now! You’ll have your good and bad days! But once you solve your alcohol problem, the whole world just opens up!

I look back now and realize how much of my life I wasted drinking! There’s no need to drink anymore! Life is short and there’s just not enough time to accomplish the things you want to do sober!

I realized there’s about a thousand different ways you can live your life once you’re sober! It never ends! You could find a way to live anywhere in the country or do so many things you thought you could never do once you solve the alcohol problem! You’ve grown so much compared to 8 months ago! And much more growing to do!

Buchigon 03-29-2022 03:31 AM

David, this is great and I feel happy for you. Your story reminds me of my friend who was also addic

David, this is great and I feel happy for you. Your story reminds me of my friend who was also addicted to alcohol.

FBL 03-29-2022 03:35 AM

I don't how much sober time you have, but I'm here to tell you that it does get better and better. I have well over 12 years now and I can't believe how content I am with my life now. I wouldn't go back to my old ways for any reason!

100 03-29-2022 06:34 PM

i have 9 months as of today

Free2bme888 03-29-2022 07:48 PM

Yay David! 🎏🎊🪅🪄🎁🤓❤️

FBL 03-30-2022 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by 100 (Post 7784291)
i have 9 months as of today

Awesome! Congrats!!

AL48 03-30-2022 06:14 AM

:c011:congrats 100

Buchigon 04-07-2022 04:59 AM

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->David, this is great and I feel happy for you. Your story reminds me of my friend who was also addicted to alcohol.