Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Going crazy after drinking and 30 mgs of valium did nothing......

Notices

Old 02-17-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know I have to stop drinking. I have a few questions. After a night of drinking the next day literally you would think I was a basket case because I get muscle and head spasms, uncontrollable jerks, for the life of me I can't stop hyoerventilating so panic non stop, SEVERE acid reflux I can literally feel stomach come up my throat or when I lay down I can't breathe because I think the acid is getting into my lungs. I just took 30 mgs of valium to calm this down and it's not working ! How is that even possible? Most people who take that amount would be really calm or sleepy....noww on a different topic I need your help about I did actually go 4 days no alcohol all inwas doing was sitting on my bed laying down. I had.no energy. Totally depressed. Moderate anxiety.... Just nothingness.... I didn't even have energy to do laundry I was bed bound.....I'm trying my 4th SSRI. I have no support structure my gf lives a few provinces over temporarily and can't help me..... I'm disfunctional to the point where I'm so low on energy I can't even walk to out patient. I can't even get groceries without feeling like I can't breathe and I get light headed and all these head spasms....so I have to order my food. I did summon up the energy a few weeks back begging for help from the hospital to admit me but they wouldn't. Can you share your experience from all the scary withdrawal symptoms you had? Your rock bottom? Your health issues? We're you freaking out the day after drinking and tried magnesium to benzos to calm it down and nothing help? I want to relate to the people on here because we all need help and hearing your stories is really helpful to me and others.... So far this is my story and it's nasty but it might help someone feel like there not the only one in hell....
Old 02-17-2022, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karthas View Post
I know I have to stop drinking. I have a few questions. After a night of drinking the next day literally you would think I was a basket case because I get muscle and head spasms, uncontrollable jerks, for the life of me I can't stop hyoerventilating so panic non stop, SEVERE acid reflux I can literally feel stomach come up my throat or when I lay down I can't breathe because I think the acid is getting into my lungs. I just took 30 mgs of valium to calm this down and it's not working ! How is that even possible? Most people who take that amount would be really calm or sleepy....noww on a different topic I need your help about I did actually go 4 days no alcohol all inwas doing was sitting on my bed laying down. I had.no energy. Totally depressed. Moderate anxiety.... Just nothingness.... I didn't even have energy to do laundry I was bed bound.....I'm trying my 4th SSRI. I have no support structure my gf lives a few provinces over temporarily and can't help me..... I'm disfunctional to the point where I'm so low on energy I can't even walk to out patient. I can't even get groceries without feeling like I can't breathe and I get light headed and all these head spasms....so I have to order my food. I did summon up the energy a few weeks back begging for help from the hospital to admit me but they wouldn't. Can you share your experience from all the scary withdrawal symptoms you had? Your rock bottom? Your health issues? We're you freaking out the day after drinking and tried magnesium to benzos to calm it down and nothing help? I want to relate to the people on here because we all need help and hearing your stories is really helpful to me and others.... So far this is my story and it's nasty but it might help someone feel like there not the only one in hell....
To be quite honest, I think you should check yourself into an ER if your withdrawals are that severe. And nobody here can/should give advice on how to manage sedatives. Please try and get yourself seen - withdrawals can be deadly!
Old 02-17-2022, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never got that bad coming off alcohol compared to what you described! But than again I also wasn’t addicted to alcohol and benzos! Mine was mostly the obsession for alcohol and going crazy whenever I got sober! And the only relief was to drink! I also substituted cough syrup, cocaine, otc drugs when I attempted sobriety! It’s a miracle I pulled out of it though!

From what you described it’s a shame you can’t get medical treatment for that! You need long term treatment! I would keep on seeking different hospitals or doctors who can help you with this! You really need to be inpatient for your condition!
Old 02-22-2022, 09:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Samantha

Those sound like extremely severe withdrawal symptoms.... go see your doctor ASAP for help quitting alcohol.... so dangerous with benzos!!!!
please consider getting help for this.
As for the anxiety, any time I've drank the anxiety next day is horrendous. Pills do not help unfortunately, only thing that helps is not drinking.
Wishing you the best of luck.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
VinBx

It seems like your iverky anxious. A er would be a good start here