Notices

Going to make second admeds

Old 01-14-2022, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to make second admeds

I have to make amends with another co worker. I blew up at her in November because she wasn't wearing her mask properly and I went ******* crazy on her. She doesn't speak English so I would have to have another co worker who does translate. I have a dear friend at work who could. I am thinking about telling her about my situation the friend aa and all. I'm really not sure how to do this in private way. I need to get going on the rest of my amends though because I've really wanted to use lately. In fact I almost convinced my self that it would be okay to smoke some weed ,because AAdoesn't forbide it, and I could keep it a secret not telling anyone. I'm still sober and grateful to be so. I know this is my addiction talking to me. It's okay just one puff, just one time. Then it be just one drink,then just get drunk once so on and so forth. I need that psychic change brought on by a spiritual awakening. So I need to finish up my steps. Fear is really slowing me down thier are some amends I can't imagine doing.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job David! Don’t pick up that drink or that pot! It’s not worth it! Stick to your goal of having that psychic change through the steps! You’re making so much progress! You’ve got a big heart!

Some of the amends I made sent my anxiety through the roof! But you’ll be so glad once they’re done! Just take one amend at a time! As far as telling people at work you’re in AA, that’s up to you! It can go either way! Some people choose not to cause they feel that’s none of other peoples business and they’re afraid some people at work might use that against them! Other people have no problem with it and tell people at work!

I’ve done it both ways at different jobs I’ve had as far as telling other people I’m a recovering alcoholic and in AA! Today I choose not to tell other people at work I’m in AA at my current job! I just feel more comfortable being anonymous about me being an alcoholic at work! But if you harmed someone at work and need to make that amend, you can still do that without mentioning you’re in AA! Good luck and keep on posting!