Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Did it again! Feeling deeply depressed and panicking

Notices

Old 12-30-2021, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drank again..not finding a medication to help my depression or anxiety and now of course it's all worse.... My derealisation is off the charts, woke up twitching panicing I took now 3 mgs of Ativan and it's calming things down. To the people who read my last post yes I've got an addiction issue. It was not to bad drinking once a week and once every 2 weeks.... But this past month I don't know why but I've been hitting the bottle on an every other day basis. Getting drunk acting immature calling old friends and yapping and just being a drunk idiot......I have very serious fatigue issues tho and even grocery I'm done for the day because it takes so much out of me. These withdrawal affects are scary feels like ur going crazy with anxiety like real bad anxiety... And the depression is extreme.maube I should ask my doctor for that pill that makes you sick if you drink alcohol? I just want to find a medication that that works......
Old 12-30-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Karthas - I definitely think you should talk to your doctor…tell them what’s going on, what you’re feeling and tell them you’re self medicating with alcohol.

There’s a great community of people here tho who want to help. Why not post here before drinking again?. Post, but not post and run…sit down, respond and converse. Talk things out,

You may find that you may not need to drink at all?

D

Old 12-30-2021, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Karthas all I can say is this place works , the people here can support you if you let them. It's time to make a change and I am sure you can do this.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Karthos, wishing you all the best. Any luck finding inpatient assistance to help you detox safely?