Notices
View Poll Results: Did you ever drink and drive?
Yes - very often.
32.06%
Occasionally.
35.11%
Very rarely.
10.69%
Once or twice.
10.69%
No. I never drove drunk.
11.45%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Did you ever drink and drive?

Old 01-09-2022, 10:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had two DUIs, I could have had three, luck would have it the third cop somehow felt sorry for me and told me to lock the car where it was and walk home. I was in the Ghetto of Philly but I did just that, I started walking and finally found a taxi near Penn's Landing but I had been all the way up at Girard Ave closer to the river and didn't like the idea of walking west around there. It only got worse from there though, it got to the point where I was drinking them in the car on the way home. Nothing stopped me no matter how dangerous or stupid it was, my alcoholic mind took precedent over anyone's safety. It pains me to think back on it now but only another reason to be happy I'm sober.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I only drove a couple of times whilst very drunk, thankfully no harm done and it was a very long time ago. Maybe on occasion I have been slightly over the limit but thats because my 1 drink might have gone to my head, I will only ever have 1 drink before hopping in a car, I won't even drive to shop down the road to get booze, its either walk or don't get anymore.. Thankfully this is not an issue for me and it doesn't matter how much I drink that switch never flips..
Old 01-12-2022, 10:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

All the time, and on suspended.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A day

Not my best moments
Old 01-27-2022, 05:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

yes, to my eternal shame

that's why I'm here
Old 02-05-2022, 06:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes, and I can not believe I did that at all. Very very very foolish. I never wanted to be a drinker non the less a drinker that drove. That was not the true Alpine.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Samantha

Definitely not.
Old 06-04-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
zjw

i only did it a few times. a couple times i was at this one place over an hour from home and figured cab fair was gonna cost me good and i didnt have it and i wasnt in a safe area to just sleep it off in my car or something. You would think i woulda learned the first itme at that place. A few times id drink at this bar with friends an ddrive home a couple times i was way too trashed to do that. Other times i wasnt to far gone i'd spend the last hour or so at the bar drinking water or something.

Im not proud of it as it honestly was not something i wanted to do at the time. I know a few times the person i was with was like oh come on just drive dont be such a sissy etc.. they where too drunk to drive home too and i was argueing how stupid this is and how scared i am to do it. But i let them win and i did it.

I never once got drunk and drove casue i didnt care or something. it disturbed me big time every time i did it.

I never got in a wreck or nothing but i still feel realy bad about it. it was so so stupid.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sadly I did. Almost every day for 10ish years. Never had an accident, but it was dumb nonetheless.

I was caught once and lost my licence for 6 months. Fortunately that was nearly 20 years ago so doesn't show up in a criminal check anymore.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Near the end every day, drinking WHILE driving to work. I never got a DUI or in an accident. I definitely blacked out a few times while driving for stretches on the interstate doing 70-80 and it makes me sick thinking about that. I am unbelievably fortunate that I didn't kill anyone and I know I easily could have
Old 06-21-2022, 05:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I would tell myself I'm not an alcoholic because I don't drink and drive. I would however drink 2 or 3 bottles of wine in a day and drive first thing the next morning. To my mind, this was some how less reprehensible than having 3 pints of beer then getting straight being the wheel. That is the same type of crazy logic that told me I wasn't drinking before going to work, because when I had my half bottle of wine at 4 am, after waking with the shakes, I would go back to sleep before getting up for work at 7 Makes perfect sense see !? 3 bottles of white wine a day also sounded less 'alcoholic' than a bottle of vodka, so no problems here at all, no siree I type this out, if only to have record of how ****** up my life had become.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

yes, and I was good at it.... too good and confident. I was lucky.... NEVER again.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I only drove drunk on days that ended with a Y
Old 09-30-2022, 04:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober since October 24, 1997

Yes, but - - -

I lived far out in farm country. No public roads or highways, no traffic, no other vehicles around. No trees, no fences, no buildings, nothing for me to run into. No cliffs to drive off of. No one to run into me. No farm animals, no people around. I was on my own private property. Perfect! In the evenings after dinner, I would go out to a nice place on my land where I could catch some breeze in the evenings, read the newspaper, have a six pack of beer, and listen to the radio. When it was time to go back, I drove back, parked out in the yard, went in the house, and finished my day. I never got to the point where I would crash my car into my house while driving into my yard, it was about 50 feet from where I parked my car. It was about a 1/2 mile round trip, so I drove about a 1/4 of a mile with a six pack of beer in me, top speed was about 5 miles per hour because it was a bumpy dirt road. I did that for a few years, back in the late 1970s.

Yes, but - - - I was still an alcoholic!

Old 10-01-2022, 06:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yes. The worst was going out drinking getting smashed. Waking up at home and not really remembering how I got there and then realising I had driven. Sometimes I went via a drive through bought food and didn't really remember doing that either. I only drove that drunk occasionally. It was so dangerous and irresponsible.