Notices

I started step 8

Old 11-23-2021, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I started step 8

I'm feeling great, and I'm on step 8 making my list of amends. I'm not yet willing to make all of the amends on the list but I'm willing to make a couple. I'm just going to do one amends at a time. I'll start with the easy ones. I will pray for
willingness for the others. One is my Neighbor , I through a huge rock through his window when I was a teen about 13. I also egged his house and he had to replace his siding. I also egged another house when I was drunk near by although I'm not even sure which one. This happened 20 to 27 years ago. I was horrible impulsive when I was younger. Some amends I can't even Imagine doing. I'll be fine I just need to take my time.
David
Old 11-23-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on hitting step 8

D
Old 11-24-2021, 02:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow 😯 David you’re really progressing with the steps! Good job! I really struggled at first with step 8! I was so used to pointing my finger at other people and their wrongs! I thought it was unfair that I had to make amends! How come other people don’t have to make amends to me? That was my attitude at first!

I learned quickly that it’s not about that if I want to recover from alcoholism and stay sober and grow as a person! It’s about cleaning my side of the street so I can have a peace of mind and not be blocked by the sunlight of the spirit! So I went ahead and made that list and finally made those amends! And I felt a lot better after I did it!
Old 11-24-2021, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats David, you've been making some amazing progress as of late.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I use to do that kind of stuff up until about age13/14. Its like the love of destroying things faded into active alcoholism. I was smoking pot from time to time and having a beer or swigs of something swiped from a liquor cabinet. It wasn't until I was 14 that I really discovered the magic of alcohol. I use to think, and I guess part of it was being paranoid about getting busted with weed. Weed would kind of make me behave but its like the alcohol cured this need to destroy things. I think I was an alcoholic before I ever picked up the first drink.

I did destroy things drunk but it wasn't that common. Usually not even out of anger just humor. Even just being clumsy sometimes.