Notices

I am really doing it

Old 11-14-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am really doing it

Okay my life is getting good lately. I went for dinner with a group of sober friends, I'm actually making friends. I'm getting better I doing things 8 never thought I'd do. It's mind blowing I have pinch my self it's. I'm no longer alone and can think Clearly I'm happy. I'm also doing things I'm afraid of such as doing the rest of the steps. Some of those things I'm terrified of but I'm doing them anyway. I'm making progress for the first time in years. It's a Miracle every thing that's happening. My whole outlook on life has changed from pessimism to being hopeful.
David
Old 11-14-2021, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats David! 👏🏼
I am new in recovery and still find myself avoiding people. Your experience gives me hope and encouragement.

​​​​​​​Thank you for sharing
Old 11-14-2021, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats great David good news stories are so encouraging for me. I've found it much the same. I still have my old friends but they don't ask me to go out on the weekends anymore, i have made many new one's through association with my sons sports and becoming more involved in the coaching and so on, mid week training and matches on the Saturday keeping me busy, all thing i would never have done before. I can definitely say your post has set my day up nicely thankyou 😊
Old 11-15-2021, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fantastic news David and thank you for sharing.