Notices

a bit of gratitude.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a bit of gratitude.

I don't know if it gets said enough, but I wanted to just say a couple of things. The first is, many of us come here when we're really feeling bad and "run over" by life. We ask for advise and input from everything from very traumatic events and experiences to just everyday "ankle biters".

It dawned on me when I was responding to a great piece of advise that got from another thread, that I don't say thank you enough.

I really want to do that. I come here a lot when I fell like my butt is on fire. Like I've been beaten into hammered S#**. An invariably, one or all of you who respond, puts that fire out. It's part of that daily reprieve we get as long as we keep moving forward.

So I've had a lot of sad stuff happen to me in the last year or so. But I've also had some real joy in those same moments of turmoil. If it wasn't for the people here who constantly stop by and make sure I'm still at this, I might not be. So thank you for your patience over the years and all the help I've gotten. I'm so truly grateful for it all.

That was all.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've made some great posts and helped a lot of people too BD. Its how this place works.
Thank you

D
Old 10-03-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober style

I always find a lot of inspiration from your posts, Bulldog! It really does help to hear other people like us dealing with all of life's rollercoaster ride thrills, even inevitable tragedies etc., and still soldiering on sober. We all gotta keep on keeping on, and keep after it every day!
Old 10-03-2021, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with the others, BD. You help more than you realize just by sharing a bit of yourself here. We are grateful to have you as family.
Thanks for the lovely post.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have had a hard time, BD. But never once did I read a message from you that was "Woe is me". I think you've managed your difficult stuff admirably.
Which is the kind of stuff I need to read when I come on here, looking for advice or even understanding.
You are a big credit to yourself, amigo.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Thank you BullDog.
I'm glad you're around this place.

O

Old 10-05-2021, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I agree with all the above BD, you are always welcome and a valued contributor. If we all just posted the good stuff all the time we wouldn't accomplish much now would we ;-)
Old 10-05-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for your posts, Bulldog.