Notices

Just ate a pint of hogendoze

Old 07-10-2021, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just ate a pint of hogendoze

I ate a Pint of ice cream and feel so anxious and my pain is flaring. Why do I keep doing something that makes feel sick. I need to stop because ice cream is posin for me I cannot stop until the entire thing is gone.i feel like I'm addicted to everything and it's like playing each wak a mole. I'm still sober and today is day 12.
David
Old 07-10-2021, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon, David.
D
Old 07-10-2021, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks I think I just learned sugar causes me pain attacks.it makes sick just like drinking did. I'm just not going to buy it any more because if it's in my house I'm going to eat it and It's not worth feeling sick. I'm better of eating real food even if it's a burger I made. David
Old 07-10-2021, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just focus on one thing at a time. I guess. I had too much ice cream today my damn self. just have to love myself through it.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is Change

Avoid setting up a seesaw, to and fro, swing between the extremes of stern denial and gluttony.

Gently ease your self towards a middle way.

You have spent years training your self to respond to the cravings by seeking to satisfy them. It will take time to train yourself to be in control. Don't worry, we all do.

A positive way is that:

When you notice there is a strong craving coming up in you, simply note that it is so. Try to familiarise yourself with the feeling, the body sensations, the thoughts in you mind..

And then: do something nice for someone else than your self. Give something away, say something supportive, do,some gardening, help out at a homeless shelter, walk down the street with a pocket of change, give it away to beggars. Anything you can in that moment.

If the cravings are too strong, satisfy them with something that's good for you. An apple, a piece of 80% dark chocolate, something without lots of sugar.

Keep training your self like that. In time the swinging pendulum becomes still.

I think you're doing really well. Keep going.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR beggarstramps

D
Old 07-11-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yes, try to avoid getting caught up in the rollercoaster of emotions David. Alcohol is a strong central nervous system depressant, and when you take it away your mind needs time to adjust. It's very easy to try to find other substances/behaviors to latch on to/obsess over. And you are right, eating good food and drinking plenty of water will make you feel better in the long run.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Better late than never

Day 12 is still pretty normal to be feeling raw. I know it's a popular saying that in the very early days of sobriety to not limit your self on any kind of sugar/junk food cravings but speaking from my own experience I ran into the same problem as I would tend to overindulge and I noticed it made me feel worse and even today I have to be careful because I might be able to eat a few cookies or a doughnut and be fine but if I start eating more than that I'll start feeling jumpy.
Hunker down and try eating real food and drinking lots of water. It's a bumpy ride but doing that will help make it smoother.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I ate 4 ice cream sandwiches the other day. After posting about quitting sugar, lol. I can't moderate and it was a classic example of why I DO need to quit sugar. Just like alcohol - can't have it in the house.

Don't beat yourself up. Learn from it. The pain is because sugar increases inflammation. I get it too sometimes.

But.. priorities! Sobriety first, then wean yourself off the sweets.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know how you feel Dave…Few weeks after I quit drinking, sugar became my replacement drug of choice and didn’t even realize it…. By giving in to sugar, it’s no wonder I still had the pawsy withdrawals for as long as I did…Soon as I got the sugar under control, things finally began to get so much better faster…

Hang in there!

Old 07-11-2021, 06:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks and I'm realize now I'm an addict period if it's feels good I'm gonna abuse it. I'm better today no ice cream.
David
Old 07-11-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

There are so many things I can't have in the house. I can have plain vanilla ice cream, but not my favourite flavours. Soda or juice? No way. I'd drink the lot. I stick to plain water and black tea. I only have snacks that I like but don't crave.