Notices

Relapsed during the 10-13

Old 06-18-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed during the 10-13

Hi, i'm sorry to post this but i relapsed around about the 10-13 of this month. i posted a thread while it is true it isn't appropriate here and i apologize for that. Hope i can be forgiven for that. Still glad to be here and i hope that you won't think less of me.
EDIT: I'm not 100% about the dates because when i go on a bender it all becomes a bit of a blur even during the detoxing days.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No apologies necessary Vik - what's most important is that you continue to work on your plan to stay sober and learn from your mistakes. Look back at what led up to your recent decision to drink - were you not following your plan? Or maybe you didn't have one? In any case, those questions are somewhat rhetorical - but indeed think about what you can do today to take a step forward.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think i let the whole can't be fun without alcohol led me to it. I'm usually on a strict diet to try to lose weight so when i wanna splurge i think wouldn't this be great with booze? now i've got some chips and icecream ready in my fridge Some fanta raspberry, i might break my diet but at least i know i won't have days of thinking what i might have done. i just need to break that cycle. so i'm gonna drink some fanta and eat some chips and not worry about it. there really is another day, isn't it?
Old 06-18-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is a new day Vik!! You can't change what happened only learn from it and get back on the sober bus!!
Old 06-18-2021, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you. got some dip ready for the chips. some soda i like. thank you all for the support
Old 06-18-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sometimes i get scared that i've done something stupid while drunk and know that i will be judged by it. but this is a safe heaven so i can come back sober. it might seem weird.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Important to avoid the booze at all costs, Vik. Especially if it "is all a blur" when you are drinking. That is a frightening scenario to me.

So eat whatever you want, exercise when you can..but do not drink at all costs. Even if you have to do meetings or something.

Best of luck to you, hope to see you back in the Fitness section.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Important to avoid the booze at all costs, Vik. Especially if it "is all a blur" when you are drinking. That is a frightening scenario to me.

So eat whatever you want, exercise when you can..but do not drink at all costs. Even if you have to do meetings or something.

Best of luck to you, hope to see you back in the Fitness section.
yep. i can't really do it anymore. i get blackouts and ended up with a huge bruise on my right hand. i know it's from nothing so sinister as a fight, just me falling around while drunk. nothing i want to do anymore
Old 06-18-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's ok Vik - you're back & that's what really counts. Sometimes we just need further proof that we can't continue trying to be social drinkers. It's never going to be fun for us. In fact for me, in the end, it was very dangerous. I never knew where that binge was going to take me.
You're going to do this.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you made it back Vik.

in those “Wouldn’t booze go nice with this“ moments remember we are here to talk things through and help you stay sober.

ps your thread was fine - it was just in the wrong place initially and then I couldn’t really get what you wanted. It’s all good. No apologies or embarrassment required
D
Old 06-18-2021, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you dee74, I'm glad to be here
Old 06-18-2021, 04:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this time you can get sober for good.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to have you back