Notices

Day 2

Old 06-14-2021, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Well I'm made it to day two. Today I felt depressed and started thinking I would drink tomorrow, but I'm not going to. One thing I'm noticing is self-pity usually leads to me ending up drunk. In addition I had the thought cross my mind it would be okay to smoke weed as long as I didn't drink. That's another lie smoking pot always leads to drinking at least for me,so no pot for me.
David
Old 06-14-2021, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there David, it's going to take a little bit before you start feeling normal and healthy. Try to eat well and stay hydrated if your up to it try to stay busy. keep posting on here and reading other posts and start to make a plan for your recovery, you got this man.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on recognising the addictive voice telling you that tomorrow you would drink, and for recognising the sneaky weed trick too, well done for squashing those thoughts flat - you're better than that, and it's so good to hear you being positive despite feeling down today. Keep going and keep posting.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It takes time to restore your body and brain to normal functioning. Treat yourself well, lots of water, good food, and moderate exercise if you can. It will get better as long as you stay sober.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done on being self aware David - congrats on day 2

D
Old 06-14-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks I actually enjoyed my evenings these last two nights more sober than intoxicated. I don't really enjoy getting loaded anymore. Its hard to tell though when your facilities are so compromised you barely know what day it is. I didn't realize this until I actually thought about what I get from using verses what my addictive fantasy tells me I get. Sure sometimes it's a blast but it's always short lived and rarely worth it. At least these days. At one time it was different but those days are gone. I'm trying to look at the facts not the Fantasy. Even more important I don't want to ruin my health. I just hope I haven't done serious damage yet.
David
Old 06-14-2021, 06:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I also felt depressed on day 2. It takes awhile for our brains and body to level off and normalize.

You are doing something really amazing for yourself. Trust the process.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're at a stage where your lifelong emotional crutch and support is now gone, and trust me no-one would be happy about that! You have to trust that there is another way and find that other way quickly as soon as you start feeling a little better. You can't afford to leave the time you were drinking and hungover just as a blank canvas so what are you going to do. I'm in AA i'd always recommend heading to a few meetings a week to keep busy in the first few months, you don't have to like it or the people there but they are looking to quit as you are and you need to fill that time. Just a though
Old 06-15-2021, 09:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go David. The first few days are the hardest, but you have a great attitude and lots of insight.

Please stick with it, you will be so glad you did.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hows it going today David?