Notices

Gutted

Old 06-11-2021, 12:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so sorry dear Jase. I remember exactly how that feels.
May your beautiful Sophie girl rest in peace. ❤️
Old 06-11-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Jase))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Sophie. That's the only bad part to having pets, when you have to let them go at the end. Glad you're not going to drink over it.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are doing so well Jase. You are being strong and full of courage in not drinking. Sophie would be purring with pride.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Rar

I’m sorry you lost your beloved Sophie, Jase. It’s tough, but hang in there. ((JASE))
Old 06-12-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If I could hug every one of you I seriously would. It helps to know u know how I feel and your kind words are much appreciated.

My habits and mindset will take a while to adjust I think. For example getting up from my desk and automatically reaching to pet Sophie in her favourite sleeping place. Coming into the house and expecting to see Soph at the top of the stairs followed by a big meow as in 'where have you been'?!

Old 06-12-2021, 07:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know love s

Hardest thing I have ever been through. My Venus was everything to me.
One day at a time it will get a bit better. Maybe when you can, adopt another cat....Sophie would want you to do that. s ❤️
Old 06-12-2021, 10:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My Venus was everything to me. One day at a time it will get a bit better. Maybe when you can, adopt another cat....Sophie would want you to do that. s ❤️
Jase, I 100% agree with Venuscat, my Tatsy was irreplaceable in my heart. Yet in my grief, I initially thought, I can never have another cat. And then I thought, but I have so much love for her, that I can no longer physically give now, so what would she want? And the answer came, for me to offer another cat a home. And serendiptiously, when I looked, a beautiful kitten appeared, just like, but not quite, but nonetheless beautiful, like Tatsy, like Venus, like Sophie.

And I am so blessed to have offered another cat, a place in my heart and home. Not a replacement, another, and she is gorgeous. Please stay strong, Jase.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Gosh that made me cry Fusion. s ❤️
Old 06-12-2021, 01:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Such a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had to put 3 loving dogs down, and I'm done. No more.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Same here Advbike but I'm going to get another one soon. I still miss my dogs they were my best friends never let you down...The 1st was Simona she was a red Doberman, 2nd was Spirit he was a Weimaraner and 3rd was Pip and she was a Potcake from the Bahamas. All three had very different and distinct personalities.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this mate.

I’ve lost quite a few cats during my life, and it never gets easier. They aren’t just pets, they’re family. Each cat has its own personality.

A drink will only make you feel worse, don’t give in. You’ve got this 👍🏻
Old 06-17-2021, 06:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

These are my two favorite quotes about losing a beloved pet. Irving Townsend really 'gets it'.

Irving Townsend quotes

“We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan.”
― Irving Townsend

“Another cat? Perhaps. For love there is also a season; its seeds must be resown. But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.”
― Irving Townsend
Old 06-18-2021, 09:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Those Irving Townsend quotes are spot on least.

My mum had a quote (I think it was on a cup or plate or something) and it said 'Cats leave paw prints on your Heart' - that about sums it up I think.

I put earlier that Sophie was an ex stray so I suppose I should explain I didn't just kidnap (catnap?!) her off the streets. She used to be someone's pet evidenced by the fact at some stage her tail had been surgically removed presumably due to injury. But somehow she ended up homeless. She was (still seems weird to put 'was') long haired and her fur got into a terrible state. It was in big matts like dreadlocks.

So a cat rescue managed to get hold of her and that's how I came to have her. The first thing I had to do was have the Vets give her an general anaesthetic and literally shave her bald - all except her head! Once they were done my cat looked about a third of the size I remember her and I was £80 lighter! She looked a bit funny but adorable at the same time.

Then I brought her home and she was v nervous and hid behind the cabinet for 2 days with me putting food and water behind it and trying to coax her out. Then she came out but wouldn't come out of the bedroom, then did but wouldn't come downstairs. Then after about a month... She thought she ruled the place, which she kinda did lol.

So yeah she was awesome.

Old 06-18-2021, 02:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jase - You sound like a wonderful man - to take on that kitty with her issues. What a lucky girl she was.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Jase, what a wonderful post - Sophie and you were meant to find each other!
Least I loved that quote - I look at my two cats every day and they amaze me - their personalities are huge and they fill me and in fact everyone in our family with such happiness.
I hope when you are ready Jase, you will share your life with another little furry soul.