Notices

Day 2

Old 05-25-2021, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Okay I managed a day sober, now I'm going for the double whammy! Today will be kinda stressful for me so possibly harder than day 1. I say possibly because unlike yesterday morning my hands aren't shaking and last night I had one of the best nights sleep I've had in ages . And that's despite getting up earlier than normal.

Best wishes to you all on your recovery.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep to the plan Jase. Have a good day

D
Old 05-25-2021, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jase,
Congratulations on day 2!
You're so right Day 2 can be harder, especially if you feel a bit 'better' after a good nights sleep and think the problem is not so bad - but don't let that fool you into thinking it's all ok to have a drink, because you know if you give in you will be back where you started. Build on your success from Day 1, feel good about yourself, keep busy, keep posting, go for a walk, a run, a cycle ride, anything to make yourself feel motivated!
I am only on day 11 and have found people here to be so supportive. You can do it!
Old 05-25-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I'm at the Parentals which is a trigger for my drinking, or more precisely my dad is due to past abuse.

I was tempted to stop at a shop and get some alcohol to drink but managed to resist the urge.

Btw u mite wonder why I even come if I find it so stressful. Well it's simple really - I love my mum and sis (who has a learning disability). And this time I came as well because I told my mum I'd take her for a hospital appointment tomorrow and my sis for her 2nd Covid vaccination.

But it so far I'm not drinking and I'm doing okay.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you decided to come here and post Jase and also that you didn't stop at the shop. There's a lot of stress in our lives, and staying sober really helps us to manage it. It sometimes seems like drinking might somehow help, but all it really does is push the problems down the road and make things worse in the meantime. Stay strong and come here as often as you need to. Good on you for taking your mom and sis to get their vaccinations too, that is very kind of you.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're there for a finite period Jase and for good reasons - you can make it sober

D