Notices

Today’s a battle

Old 04-10-2021, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today’s a battle

Hi, have had my fair share of dark days and battles but today I’m having an all time low. The battle is so intense and I don’t know what to do! The urge for a drink is so strong but I know I’m also strong AND I WILL NOT HAVE ONE!! It is so bloody hard when, like many people, I have so much stress and **** going on. My partner of 5 years likes to have a drink now and then, more now then then at the moment, unfortunately can sometimes be very stupid and asked me the other night if I wanted a drink!!!! I was lost for words, gobsmacked!!I told him he was a ***** (excuse my language &#128584for asking me that, the next morning he was very apologetic. He just doesn’t get it!!He thinks I’d be in control and could just have one!!!!Everything feels so overwhelming and stuff like that does not help!I know these days pass by it sucks getting through them. Peace and love Janie xx
Old 04-10-2021, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things now Janie?
I think everyone has bad days - even sober - but the difference is now we only have bad days, not bad weeks, months or years
Old 04-11-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Coming here was a good idea Jamie, hope you did make it through the day without a drink. It's very difficult for us to understand our own addiction, so expecting others to understand too is not realistic. Most people will never "get it" at all, so we have to make the commitment for ourselves. Spending some more time here on SR with others who do understand would be a great start, please don't be a stranger. And you don't have to come here just on bad days, spend time on the good days too!
Old 04-12-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Coming here was a good idea Jamie, hope you did make it through the day without a drink. It's very difficult for us to understand our own addiction, so expecting others to understand too is not realistic. Most people will never "get it" at all, so we have to make the commitment for ourselves. Spending some more time here on SR with others who do understand would be a great start, please don't be a stranger. And you don't have to come here just on bad days, spend time on the good days too!

Thank you for your kind words and yes, I made it through the day without having a drink🙏 I’m feeling much better and more in control which is a relief!
Old 04-12-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cocojanie View Post
Thank you for your kind words and yes, I made it through the day without having a drink🙏 I’m feeling much better and more in control which is a relief!
Making it through another day is an amazing feeling, right? The Beast is a &%$@. Don't listen to it.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting through that craving, Janie. You're doing great.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NormalGuy View Post
Making it through another day is an amazing feeling, right? The Beast is a &%$@. Don't listen to it.
Thanks NormalGuy, it is an amazing feeling and something I realise now only WE get and understand!
Old 04-13-2021, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Good for you for getting through that craving, Janie. You're doing great.
Thanks Anna, it feels pretty good!!
Old 04-13-2021, 03:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How are things now Janie?
I think everyone has bad days - even sober - but the difference is now we only have bad days, not bad weeks, months or years
A lot better now thank you Dee74, at the time the feeling is SO bad but once you get through it you feel like you’ve achieved something massive. I live on my own with my two boys, they are a massive drive for me!!