Notices

Feeling bad

Old 03-27-2021, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling bad

I'm sober but feel terrible. I just started cortiso steroids for a sore throat which I was prescribed by ent doc. Anyway I'm feeling really shakey and anxious. Scared to take the rest of course of meds. My health anxiety is also acting up . My anxiety always worst at night but I hope I'm not having a recation to meds.
David
Old 03-27-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd consult with your Dr before you go off them.

I was very very anxious after drinking again - fear consumed me. It somehow helped me to think that this fear was a manifestation of detox, rather than I had something real to worry about, y;know?

I hope you'll feel better tomorrow and in the days ahead

D
Old 03-27-2021, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
I'm sober but feel terrible. I just started cortiso steroids for a sore throat which I was prescribed by ent doc. Anyway I'm feeling really shakey and anxious. Scared to take the rest of course of meds. My health anxiety is also acting up . My anxiety always worst at night but I hope I'm not having a recation to meds.
David
Corticosteroids are known to precipitate serious manic episodes. The range of medications used as mood stabilizers for bipolar disorder generally don't play well with corticosteroids.

You've written at least one time that your current medication steals your motivation to act. Noncompliance with treatment, in this case with medication, is common in bipolar disorder, especially among younger people who carry the diagnosis.

It's almost as though you were making a confession when you wrote that you got the script from someone who may not know your medication history.

It's often very difficult for us to cooperate with our own recovery, and for different reasons from person to person. Regular and excessive drinking is an unsustainable lifestyle. And it doesn't help extreme changes in mood.

Keep reaching out here. You've got to trust someone along the way, someone who can help you learn that you're not alone. It's how some of us got better.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling better

The docs knows my med history. I've sober three days now. It's for a sore throat that won't go away. The docs a ear nose and throat doc. I don't abuse pills. Doctor knows I have bi polar.
David
Old 03-28-2021, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep at it!
Old 03-28-2021, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I understand health anxiety too David - and EndGame is right...at some point you have to reach out and find a way to start trusting someone. An ENT doc has many years of training to help with your specific condition - reach out via the clinic or the nurse if you have concerns and that may help.